How to implement smart card interface in PN7462 ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to implement smart card interface in PN7462 ?

NormsBreaker
Contributor II

Hi !

I am looking forward to implement the attached design using PN7462 and integrated smart card interface(USIM). The problem is the SWP interface(Pin C6) of USIM. In the reference design, it is being used as an IO.

But when I look at the datasheet of PN7462 on Page 66, I find that Pin C6 is connected to VCC and is not being used as SWIO. 

I have selected PN7462 as it supports class C smart cards.

While on the other hand, according to ISO 7816 and even MIFARE SAM AV2, it can be used as IO.

Can anyone give me a hint how to interface PN7462 with SAM module via SWP interface ?

Thanks in advance for the help and support.

0 Kudos
6 Replies

NormsBreaker
Contributor II

Hi !

Could you please provide PN544 full datasheet  as I am not able to find it anywhere else?

I think PN544 may work as it supports SWP .

Also, I think it is the only IC among the whole NXP portfolio to support SWP (at least I couldn't find any active NFC Reader/Controller). Please suggest if there is any.

0 Kudos

fangfang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

In order to better service for you. Would you please provide the datasheet of SIM card connector MUP-C720 in the reference design? 

Have a nice day.

----------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

NormsBreaker
Contributor II

Hi !

As requested, attached along with is the datasheet of MUP-C720.

Also, a standard document by ETSI(European Telecommunications Standards Institute) on communications of CLF(contactless Front ends) with UICC(universal integrated circuit card)/SIM card  is also attached.

Thanks for the help in advance !

0 Kudos

fangfang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Unfortunately, PN7462 can't support for the application.

Sorry for the inconvenience may cause.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

NormsBreaker
Contributor II

Hi !

Is there any other NFC Reader IC that could support  the application ?

I came across PN544 (it supports SWP)but :

1. I guess it is discontinued by NXP(I am not sure though) ?
  2. It's datasheet is not available as well

Please let me know if there is any IC that supports the application. Will PN544 work ?

In case there is no such IC available, could you please provide PN544 datasheet ?

Many Thanks for the Support

0 Kudos

fangfang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Yes, PN544 supports SWP and please find it as the link.

URL:https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/brochure/75017000.pdf.

But  PN544 is a reader for mobile therefore we cannot support this in this portal,
the best would be that you contact your distributor where you got this reader or NXP sales.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:

0 Kudos