How to activate the SUN feature in the NTAG 413 DNA ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to activate the SUN feature in the NTAG 413 DNA ?

rajrentala
Contributor II

I am trying to create an Android app that will be able to detect if a tag is authentic or not. I am trying to to figure out how to program the NTAG 413 to perform a Secure Unique NFC Message (SUN). I am using a uTrust 3700f reader/writer and NXP TagXplorer software to program the tag.

According to the NTAG 413 specifications, the following is stated:

"Besides the NXP originality signature and a 3-pass mutual authentication, it introduces a novel security feature called “Secure Unique NFC Message (SUN)”, which automatically generates tap-unique tag authentication data upon each read-out what enables dedicated unique communication to each user based on predefined criteria. No app (in NFC device) is required to generate this tap-unique data consisting of CMACed information derived from the chip UID, a tap counter and contained data. An NFC enabled device can automatically connect to a web based service and based on the information contained in URL, the device can check the tags authenticity and verify the information validity. NTAG 413 DNA offers flexibility to individualize the structure of this unique data set."

How do I activate this feature of the tag? Any detailed technical information or tutorial for Secure Unique NFC Messaging?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

rajrentala
Contributor II

Does anyone know how to activate this feature ?

0 Kudos

Jonathan_Iglesias
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Dear Raj Rentala, my apologies for our delay in the response, the information you are requesting is under NDA (Non disclosure agreement) this means that it should be shared through secured communication channels and only to customer with NDA, if you have not signed an NDA please contact your closest distributor to sign one, if you already have an NDA please create an account in docstore and request the following data, the information you need is in the app note AN410313  here in the section 3 you can found what is the SUN feature, how to construct the NDEF message and how to use it, there is a well explained procedure.

BR

Jonathan

0 Kudos

lukegwilson96
Contributor I

Hi jonathaniglesias‌,

I'm trying to locate app note AN410313 in DocStore, however, I'm unable to find it. Has it changed name by any chance?

Thanks

Luke

0 Kudos

yangyouyong
Contributor II

The same as you are. I cannot find the AN410313. 
I have successfully register the DocStore account.
But when I search with the keyword 'AN410313', nothing found.

0 Kudos