Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Door Access Application -Mifare classic card not detecting

Jump to solution
sanath_rai
Contributor III

Hello,

I am working on PNEV7462C evaluation kit.

There is a application code which is Door Access Application which was working fine earlier where the mifare classic card was detecting and the UID used to be seen through the HSU at 9600baud rate and also it was getting authenticated .

But suddenly the application stopped working. The Mifare classic card is not detected just the LEDs are seen for polling.It 's a strange issue.Am i missing something?

A small thing what we did is we had removed the inductors L5 and L8 for some other purpose but replaced it again.Is this issue anything to do with that?

Regards,

Sanath Rai

1 Solution
sanath_rai
Contributor III

Hi jonathaniglesias

We procured the same Inductors with same part number and its working now.

It was inductor issue.

Thank you for the support.

Sanath Rai

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
sanath_rai
Contributor III

Hello jonathaniglesias

Thank you for the reply.

After the inductors are replaced i have uploaded other examples which are working fine only the door access example is not working .i have referred the door access example application note the set up everything is fine.

The Inductors which we have replaced are not the suggested inductors in the schematic.we have replaced with alternate inductors but the values are same(470 nH ,0603 package).

Are the Inductors which were there on the board initially are board specific?

The Mifare classic is not detecting in this example.

Is this example different from other examples?

what might the issue? i'm confused.

Regards,

Sanath Rai

0 Kudos
Jonathan_Iglesias
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

this is a very strange behavior, I am checking why this might be happening, are you trying to use different Mifare classic ? 

BR

Jonathan

0 Kudos
sanath_rai
Contributor III

Hi jonathaniglesias

We procured the same Inductors with same part number and its working now.

It was inductor issue.

Thank you for the support.

Sanath Rai

0 Kudos
sanath_rai
Contributor III

Hi jonathaniglesias

i have different mifare classic cards.

Even i am confused as it was working fine earlier but after the Inductors are replaced only the door access example is not working.Other examples are working where mifare classic cards are also getting detected.

even i have completely deleted the old firmwre.i downloaded the new firmware from NXP site.

only this door access example is not working.

I need this example to work because our application which i am working needs the UID of the mifare classic card to be sent out through High speeed UART from PN7462 when i tap the tag.

Any other example where the UID is passed using HSU in firmware?

Regards,

Sanath Rai

0 Kudos
Jonathan_Iglesias
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Dear sanath rai,

since you removed this inductors I am not sure if  you damaged the path, if the inductors are ok or damaged,  please try to upload other example from the library and confirm this issue follows the hardware which I think is the problem, so please confirm you are properly soldering the inductors and they are not damaged.

BR

Jonathan