Does PN7462 need extra storage to run TCP/IP and RTOS?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does PN7462 need extra storage to run TCP/IP and RTOS?

gunsumlut
Contributor II

Hi All,

I have a couple of questions regarding PN7462 with 160KB. 

I want to use PN7462 with TCP/IP and an RTOS if needed. 

1. Do I need to use an RTOS to make use of TCP/IP on integrated Cortex M0 ?

2. If I need  an RTOS, do I need extra storage space or flash on board to support this. How much ? 

Thanks,

Gun

0 Kudos
5 Replies

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Gun,

Actually you don't have to worry about the RTOS, PN7462AUPspPackageFull-v04_05_00 already included FreeRTOS in the package, you may directly invoke the system API from the library.Please kindly refer to the following for details.

pastedImage_1.png

for the above example, the total image size can be referred as below:

pastedImage_2.png

There should be enough space left for the your application code.

Please also note PN7462 doesn't contain an embedded Ethernet module, you have to use an external module which can be connected with SPI or I2C port.

Have a great day,
Kan

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

gunsumlut
Contributor II

Hi Kan,

Thanks for the answer. It does address the storage and RTOS questions.

I am not sure I should open another question but the followup question for me is if I add Ethernet or GSM module, should I write the "driver" myself ? In the case of GSM module, I can send AT command via serial or I2C and it should probably be ok. 

Thanks,

Gun

0 Kudos

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Gun,

Usually, the vendor of the Ethernet or GSM module would provide the driver/example for their products, so what you have to do at first is making sure the vendor has provided what you need , not only the hardware.

Have a great day,
Kan

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

gunsumlut
Contributor II

So, worse case is for me to port the driver for PN7462? 

Thanks,

Gun

0 Kudos

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I think it should be porting the module driver to PN7462 project.

Have a great day,
Kan

0 Kudos