Do CLRC66302HN and CLRC66303HN support Apple's ECP (Enhanced Contactless Polling)?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do CLRC66302HN and CLRC66303HN support Apple's ECP (Enhanced Contactless Polling)?

xiaokaoy
Contributor I

We are using CLRC66302HN and CLRC66303HN, and want to support ECP.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
4 Replies

fangfang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @xiaokaoy 

Unfortunately. We only PN7150X/P7161 supports Apple's ECP. Please kindly find the more information as the link.

URL:https://www.nxp.com/products/rfid-nfc/nfc-hf/nfc-readers/high-performance-nfc-controller-ic-with-sup....

If the customer needs to implement ECP for CLRC66X family , the customer needs to develop by themselves after getting the spec from apple.

Have a nice day.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

xiaokaoy
Contributor I

Thanks for the info.

"the customer needs to develop by themselves"

--- What would we need to do?

0 Kudos

fangfang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @xiaokaoy 

You need to contact Apple and get the spec. of ECP.

Hope it help you.

Have a nice day.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

xiaokaoy
Contributor I

Hello @fangfang

I've got the spec of ECP and NxpNfcRdLib v7.3.0.2. I've also got AN12340 -- VAS support in NFC Reader Library.

We are currently using NxpNfcRdLib v5.22.0.2. So do I just need to update NxpNfcRdLib from v5.22.0.2 to v7.3.0.2? Is that enough?

We are also using the RC523 chip, but the new library seems not to support it. So we'll need to merge the two libraries, won't we?

Even merging them won't enable the RC523 chip to support ECP. Is that right?

0 Kudos