cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DESFire change key APIs issues on library v05.22.01

david13
Contributor III

Dear support team,

We use CLRC663 and try to port the library (NXP NFC Reader Library v05.22.01) into our STM32 MCU.

We found some issues that the new library lacks some APIs that the old version library has, and this makes us cannot correctly access DESFire EV1/EV2 card data.

Following lists the issues that we met:

1. The APIs in phalMfdf of the new library (V05.22.01) are same to the old version, does that mean NXP now not to support or provide the DESFire Library?
  2. If we can use the phalMfdfLight (V05.22.01) to access DESFire Light card, are these APIs be able to use to access non-EV2 DESFire card as well?
  3. The phalMfdfLight has more APIs than phalMfdf (for V05.22.01 library), but it still lacks such as ChangeKeySettings、DeleteApplication APIs, this makes us not be able to modify or delete the Application key settings. Is there any way to get the key management APIs?

Thanks~

Best Regards,
David Huang##

Labels (2)
10 Replies

mina_farah
Contributor II

Hi David,

I am trying to modify the nxp library to work with my STM32 MCU. Could you please share your code with me? Or would you be able to answer some of m questions?

Kind regards,

Mina

0 Kudos

Jonathan_Iglesias
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Does the NFC reader library (v05.22.01) have the delete and change application key functions? If yes, what is the module having these APIs (or API name)? If not, is there any resource or sample code that we can take reference to do change/delete application key function?

Please search for Sw440410 - Patch For NFC Reader Library V4.040.00 That Adds MIFARE DESFire (1.0) this can this contains the example for DF and  the .c and .h libraries.

my apologies for the tedious process.

If we can use the phalMfdfLight (V05.22.01) to access DESFire Light card, are these APIs be able to use to access non-EV2 DESFire card as well?

I would recommend the APIs for each product to ensure the best performance.

BR

Jonathan

david13
Contributor III

Hi Jonathan,

I cannot find you mentioned patch file (Sw440410 - Patch For NFC Reader Library V4.040.00) in the DocStore and Software Center.

I tries the other keywords 440410, 440, 410, 4041 etc, but still not found this library.

By using the keyword "NFC Reader Library", it can list following libraries:

1. sw408522 - NFC Reader Library v05.22.01 for FRDM F82K including all software examples (2.2)

2. sw369321 - NFC Reader Library for Linux v05.22.00 (2.1)

3. sw352227 - NFC Reader Library v05.22.01 for PNEV5180B including all software examples (2.7)

4. sw297940 - NFC Reader Library v4.040.05 R2 or PNEV512B including all software examples (4.0)

5. sw297851 - NFC Reader Library v05.22.01 for CLEV6630B including all software examples (5.1)

6. sw335613 - NFC Reader Library V3.092 for CLEV663B including ICODE SLI (ISO15693) and ICODE ILT (ISO18000-3M3) components only. Contains ICODE SLI and ICODE ILT examples. (1.3)

Is Sw440410 removed from the DocStore/Software Center? Or needs other permission to get this library? If not, can you give me the Sw440410 link to download this library?

Thanks~

Best Regards,

David Huang

0 Kudos

Jonathan_Iglesias
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Dear david huang,

Please go to My access tab> access rights > select the products and in the reason explain the package you are looking ( the one I mentioned above) Docstore  this will create a request to the product owner they determine the access rights. 

if you have any issue please let me know.

Have a great day !

BR

Jonathan

0 Kudos

david13
Contributor III

Hi Jonathan,

I have applied for my wanted packages by using Shopping Card, hope get them soon.

pastedImage_1.pngBest Regards,
David Huang

0 Kudos

david13
Contributor III

Hi Jonathan,

I followed your suggestions to apply for raising my access rights. Now my access rights in Mifare ICs class are all in highest level but still cannot download this file. The download icon is in ACL, it looks I don't have the permission to download this file although I can now find it.

Is there any My Access tab setting I need to set up so that I can download the sw440410 package file?

My Access levels:

pastedImage_1.png

The download icon is in ACL state.

pastedImage_2.png

Best Regards,

David Huang

0 Kudos

david13
Contributor III

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for your prompt reply. I will go for to get the Sw440410 - Patch For NFC Reader Library V4.040.00, then can implement our wanted APIs.

Best Regards,
David Huang

0 Kudos

david13
Contributor III

Hi Jonathan,

I activated NDA and downloaded the latest version of NFC reader library (sw297851 NFC-Reader-Library-v052201-for-CLEV6630B--including-all-software-examples.zip)

After reviewing the help file (v05.22.00) about two modules [Mifare DESFire] and [Mifare DESFire Light] APIs, we still didn't find the APIs such the functions like as ChangeKeySetting and DeleteApplication.

The [Mifare DESFire] module doesn't have any key management API.

The [Mifare DESFire Light] module, it has only two key management APIs:

• phalMfdfLight_ChangeKey: This API used on PICC key.

• phalMfdfLight_GetKeyVersion

My questions are:

• Does the NFC reader library (v05.22.01) have the delete and change application key functions? If yes, what is the module having these APIs (or API name)? If not, is there any resource or sample code that we can take reference to do change/delete application key function?

• If we can use the phalMfdfLight (V05.22.01) to access DESFire Light card, are these APIs be able to use to access non-EV2 DESFire card as well?

Thanks~

Best Regards,

David Huang

0 Kudos

Jonathan_Iglesias
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Dear david huang,

as you may know there is an extended version of the library, one that is under NDA ( Non Disclosure Agreement) this means that the information, tools and support should be delivered using secured communication channels and only to customers with active NDA so in this  version there are the crypto functions and APIs available for DESFire. 

in this version under NDA there is an example for DESFire.

BR

Jonathan

david13
Contributor III

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for your help. I will contact our distributor in Taiwan to get the way of activating NDA, then be able to get our wanted DESFire sample.

Best Regards,
David Huang

0 Kudos