Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant get NXP-NCI_LPC11xx_example working with lpc1114 and OM5578

Jump to solution
davidwatzinger
Contributor II

Hy,

I can´t get the NXP-NCI_LPC11xx_example working with the lpc1114 board and the OM5578 module. 

I connected the pins as showen in AN11658. 

The problem is that the I2C communication doesen´t work.

The log shows allways:

Running the NXP-NCI project.
Error: cannot connect to NXPNCI device

Any ideas what could be the problem?

Thanks

David

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi David,

Would you please check the following hardware settings?

- PN71xx VEN pin is not properly connected: it should be connected to LPC PIO3.5 which is LPCXpresson connector pin #47 (pay attention that the LPC1114a silkscreen is wrong, indicating P2.5 instead of P3.5). The VEN pin must be high to allow PN71xx operates.

- PN71xx IRQ pin is not properly connected: it should be connected to LPC PIO3.4 which is LPCXpresson connector pin #46 (pay attention that the LPC1114a silkscreen is wrong, indicating P2.4 instead of P3.4).

- the I2C lines are not pulled-up: LPC11xx doesn't offer internal pull-up setting of the I2C lines so external pull-up resistors must be added.

Please also check the optimization parameter in your project settings, please set it to "-O0" as below:

pastedImage_1.png

Please kindly let me know if the problem is still there.

Hope that helps,

Have a great day,
Kan

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi David,

Would you please check the following hardware settings?

- PN71xx VEN pin is not properly connected: it should be connected to LPC PIO3.5 which is LPCXpresson connector pin #47 (pay attention that the LPC1114a silkscreen is wrong, indicating P2.5 instead of P3.5). The VEN pin must be high to allow PN71xx operates.

- PN71xx IRQ pin is not properly connected: it should be connected to LPC PIO3.4 which is LPCXpresson connector pin #46 (pay attention that the LPC1114a silkscreen is wrong, indicating P2.4 instead of P3.4).

- the I2C lines are not pulled-up: LPC11xx doesn't offer internal pull-up setting of the I2C lines so external pull-up resistors must be added.

Please also check the optimization parameter in your project settings, please set it to "-O0" as below:

pastedImage_1.png

Please kindly let me know if the problem is still there.

Hope that helps,

Have a great day,
Kan

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos