Can someone provide tips for getting started with a new project?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can someone provide tips for getting started with a new project?

nicolas_woedy
Contributor II

Hi everyone,

I want to use the ADC and NFC-Interface of the NHS3152 using LPCXpresso, but I am new to both. Whenever I create a new project project using the wizard with inclusion of the provided libraries, I still can´t get the basic functions to work because the compiler doesn´t find "file/file.h"-style files in the directory. I looked in the properties of the example projects and made the ones of my project the same.

Can anyone provide a tip for what I am doing wrong or what I have to look out for when creating a new project?

Thanks

0 Kudos
9 Replies

nicolas_woedy
Contributor II

Hello Estephania,

This doesn´t really tackle my problem. UM11153 is for developing a java application, but I want to develope the firmware(C) for the chip.

I do know how to use functions, but my problem is the inclusion doesn´t work. Many Header-files want to include for example "startup/startup.h". I have the mods folder in my directory and the properties of the project are the same as in the examples. I am looking for some advice how to solve that problem, because up until now I only worked with TI on the IAR Workbench, which is way different.

Why would you use files from the mods folder anyway, if you have libraries?

Still thanks

0 Kudos

driesmoors
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Nicolas,

Here I feel the need to correct you. The NHS31xx SDK does not provide any documentation to get you started with a developing a java application, or any PC/mobile application. The user manual Estephania pointed to explains in detail how to set up your development station to start firmware development.

Regarding your specific problem - includes don't resolve - my initial thought is there is something not set up correctly in the project settings.

• Verify you have imported the full SDK contents. See UM11153.pdf > 2.3 SDK
  • Try to create a project following UM11153.pdf > 4.1.2 New project wizard
  • Be sure to set up relative links to the modules correctly, according to UM11153.pdf > 4.1.4 Mods

Good luck!
Dries.

0 Kudos

nicolas_woedy
Contributor II

I found the plugin i had to install

0 Kudos

nicolas_woedy
Contributor II

Hello Dries,

I was able to find the UM11153 and looks like it could be helpful, but the project wizard of LPCXpresso doesn´t give me the choice to pick NHS3xxx, like UM11153 tells me to.

I expected that to be a problem because up until now I picked MCU based on the M0+ and in brackets because I wasn´t able to find the correct one.

Is this a LPCXpresso problem or why can´t I pick the right target?

0 Kudos

driesmoors
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

This can be caused by the plugin not being installed. Check that same UM pdf file, 2.2 NHS31xx plugin

Best,
Dries.

0 Kudos

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

BY any chance have you checked the <installation path>\release_mra2_12_3_nhs3152\release_mra2_12_3_nhs3152\docs\firmware.html ?

I believe the guide it's well explained  as it mentions not only the API's but also the examples and some of them have diagrams in order to help the customers. It has examples of the modules, explanations, definitions, variables, etc.

Hope that helps.

Regards ,

Estephania

0 Kudos

nicolas_woedy
Contributor II

Hello Estephania,

if I try to open this file a browser-window opens up, which says "file not found".

0 Kudos

driesmoors
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The firmware.html file Estephania points to, is part of the SDK zip package you downloaded (and extracted, presumably). Check the docs subfolder.

0 Kudos

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

I believe you can find a complete set of step by step and well detailed explanation in the UM11153 NTAG SmartSensor getting started:A guide to start developing using an NHS31xx, this file can be found in the SDK of the NHS3152 that you can download from this page.

Also, you can check the getting started of the board in this page.

Hope this helps!

Regards,
Estephania

0 Kudos