Can PN7462 read HID iCLASS card serial number?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can PN7462 read HID iCLASS card serial number?

roberto74
Contributor I

Hi all,

Can you tell me if the PN7462 is able to read the HID iCLASS card serial number (CSN)?

It should be possible without doing the HID protected part (i.e. anti collision).

Currently tried PN7462AU_ex_phExMain example project of SW3683 but it didn't detect the card.

Kind regards,

Robert

0 Kudos
3 Replies

roberto74
Contributor I

Hi Jonathan,

According to UM10858 - PN7462 family HW user manual (rev. 1.4 14 May 2018) it is stated in paragraph 1.2.3 Integrated contactless interface front end (page 5):

• iClass serial number support

Also paragraph 12.1 Contactless interface features (page 134) mentions ICLASS UID.

Testing this with an activated HID iCLASS card on a HID reader works fine but the Advanced Discovery Loop example of PN7462 examples does NOT detect the card.

Any idea how (or what to change) to get it reading the iCLASS card serial number?

Kind regards,

Robert

0 Kudos

Jonathan_Iglesias
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I did not found specific APIs for this cards, what I wanted to know is what type is this card to see what commands can help you to activate this card, the thing is that the card is not being activated by  Advance discovery loop, is it possible that this cards are running  JCOP inside?.

BR

Jonathan

0 Kudos

Jonathan_Iglesias
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Dear Robert Beekmans,

I am not sure which tag version are you using since not all of them are high frequency so there should not be a problem here my recommendation would be that you try also the advanced discovery loop and  confirm with the card manufacturer that this chips are not pre set to a delivery state so first they need to be activated. please confirm with HID which version is and also if they are pre set to some state.

Have a great day !

BR

Jonathan

0 Kudos