Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can NFC Reader Library support for MFRC522

Jump to solution
david13
Contributor III

Dear Support,

We have a project that needs to use MFRC522 as reader IC. We already have the experience with using NFC Reader Library v06.10.00, working with CLRC663 to host NXP/ST32L 32-bit ARM MCU and runs very well.

My question is:

• Does the NFC Reader Library support the MFRC522 reader IC?
  • If NFC Reader Library doesn't support MFRC522, is there any library or sample code that you can provide us to implement the MFRC522 functions?
  • If there are samples or libraries for MFRCF522, can these codes run on 8-bit MCU? or only supports on 32-bit MCU platform?

I search relative topics below but not found the answer:

Best Regards,
David Huang

0 Kudos
1 Solution
fangfang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Yes,  NFC Reader Library can't support for MFRC522. but I have some sample code for it, I will send it via email to you.

PS:MFRC522 is not recommended for new designs. For new designs, please use recommended product CLRC663 plus.

Have a nice day.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
AP1
Contributor I

HI!
Could I get the sample code as well?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
david13
Contributor III

Hi,

Thanks for your prompt reply. I got the sample code you sent via Email.

I reviewed the sample code and knows it supports MIFARE Classic card. If possible, can you also provide the sample code for manipulating the MIFARE DESFire and MIFARE Ultralight card? 

The reason why we use MFRC522 instead of CLRC663 is that the lead time of ARM MCU required by CLRC663 NFC Reader Library are 52 weeks or longer in Taiwan. Not like CLRC663, the MFRC522 can be implemented by 8-bit MCU, which has not the lead time issue.

Best Regards,
David Huang 

0 Kudos
fangfang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Yes,  NFC Reader Library can't support for MFRC522. but I have some sample code for it, I will send it via email to you.

PS:MFRC522 is not recommended for new designs. For new designs, please use recommended product CLRC663 plus.

Have a nice day.

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos
Ranawat
Contributor I

Could you please send me the example code on my email ?

Thank you 

0 Kudos
A_C
Contributor I

Hi fangfang,

Could you send me the example code to me, please?

Thank you very much.

Alex

0 Kudos
TecomHugh
Contributor I

Hi fangfang,

Could you send me the example code to me, please?

Thank you very much.

BR

Hugh Lin

0 Kudos
pablollanos
Contributor I

Could you please share the sample code for the MFRC522?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
david13
Contributor III

Hi,

Thanks for your prompt reply. I got the sample code you sent via Email.

I reviewed the sample code and knows it supports MIFARE Classic card. If possible, can you also provide the sample code for manipulating the MIFARE DESFire and MIFARE Ultralight card? 

The reason why we use MFRC522 instead of CLRC663 is that the lead time of ARM MCU required by CLRC663 NFC Reader Library are 52 weeks or longer in Taiwan. Not like CLRC663, the MFRC522 can be implemented by 8-bit MCU, which has not the lead time issue.

Best Regards,
David Huang 

0 Kudos
fangfang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Unfortunately, There's nothing else except the example code I sent you.

Have a nice day.

Note:

0 Kudos