cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLRC663- Reading a file from HCE, fifo length is not correct

Jump to solution
minabf61
Contributor III

Hi All, I am using CLRC663 reader for communication with the HCE. I can manage to write into the created files with no limit but I can only read upto 14 bytes of the files so basically the fifo length is wrong, istead of it being 18 it is 14 so eventhough I manipulate the size of fifo but still there is nothing seems to be at the last 4 bytes. Why am i missing the last 4 bytes?! Can somebody help?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
minabf61
Contributor III

The problem is solved. So when sending RATS to get ATS I needed to set the FSDI to the desired frame size it was set to 16 bytes hence I was not able to recieve more than 16 bytes. Now I changed it to 64 bytes and the problem is solved. (ISO/ IEC 14443-4 for reference)

The most significant half-byte b8 to b5 is called FSDI and codes FSD. The FSD defines the maximum
size of a frame the PCD is able to receive.

FSDI"0""1""2""3""4""5""6""7""8""9-F"
FSD(bytes)16243240486496128256RFU

Kind regards,

Mina

View solution in original post

4 Replies
minabf61
Contributor III

The problem is solved. So when sending RATS to get ATS I needed to set the FSDI to the desired frame size it was set to 16 bytes hence I was not able to recieve more than 16 bytes. Now I changed it to 64 bytes and the problem is solved. (ISO/ IEC 14443-4 for reference)

The most significant half-byte b8 to b5 is called FSDI and codes FSD. The FSD defines the maximum
size of a frame the PCD is able to receive.

FSDI"0""1""2""3""4""5""6""7""8""9-F"
FSD(bytes)16243240486496128256RFU

Kind regards,

Mina

danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Thank you very much for your sharing.

Regards

Daniel

minabf61
Contributor III

Hi daniel,

Sorry I think I was not specific enough. So I am using CLRC663 and communicate through SPI with the STM32l051k8. I am trying to read and write into the created files in desfire card or the HCE, however in any of them I can not read more than 12 bytes. Using HCE app I can see that my write from the CLRC663 reader was fully happening and HCE can fully read it however I also need to read the same file from reader side but reading what I wrote I am missing some bytes the fifo size does not exceed 14bytes(12 bytes data +2 bytes operation status)! 

The problem comes after I send the read command and wait for the responce when that happens, the fifo size is 14 bytes where as it should be 18bytes in my case! 

I am only dealing with the reader side and a software engineer is working on HCE but I believe it has nothing to do with HCE the fact that I can not read more than 12 bytes from reader side because I also have this issue when using Desfire card.

I really appreciate your help.

Kind regards,

Mina

0 Kudos
danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi 

Could you please let me know how to reproduce your issue on my side?   do you use Ex8_HCE ? what modifications you made?

Regards

Daniel