cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLRC633 Interrupt on tag discovery

fernandohcoelho
Contributor III

Hello everyone,

I got my new CLRC633 kit and I asked myself... is it possible to make the reader send an interrupt to my MCU when a tag is discovered?

What I'm doing today in my main MCU routine is asking the 633 if there is a tag on field. But this is very time consuming and it is not the syncronized way of doing it. 

Thanks in advance.

F. Coelho

6 Replies

IvanRuiz
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

CLRC663 has an IRQ pin. Please refer to table 5 for the available interrupt sources in the data-sheet:

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/data-sheet/CLRC663.pdf 

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Ivan.

0 Kudos

fernandohcoelho
Contributor III

Hello Ivan, how you doing?

I saw all the interrupts available but none of them seems to fit my needs. Interrupt RxSOFIRQ looks like what I need but I'm not sure.

In the datasheet it says RxSOFIRQ will be raise when a SOF or subcarrier is detected. About this, I don't know if the tag, when on the field, starts to send the subcarrier immediately or if it needs a "startup" command, like a REQA for example.

Do you know how this works?

Thanks in advance.

F. Coelho

0 Kudos

IvanRuiz
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Please let me check this internally.

Regards,

Ivan.

0 Kudos

fernandohcoelho
Contributor III

Hello Ivan, any news about this question?

Thanks in advance!

F. Coelho

0 Kudos

IvanRuiz
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Please accept my apologies for the late response. Please see below from APPs team:

This only is raised if a valid answer is coming from the Tag. This means that the Reader needs to perform a command at the begining on which the Card is responding for example a Request.

Regards,

Ivan.

fernandohcoelho
Contributor III

Thank you Ivan!!! It's always great to have my question answered by the NXP team. I'll try to solve the sync problem with other technics then.

Regards,

F. Coelho

0 Kudos