About using MFRC522 to read NFC uid

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About using MFRC522 to read NFC uid

Contributor I
Hello everyone !

The company wants to upgrade on the basis of reading FID tags so that it can read the UID of NFC tags.
The card reader module used is MFRC522.  But during the upgrade process, it was found that MFRC522 can only read the first three digits of the NFC tag.
I searched the routines of MFRC522 reading NFC tag on the Internet, but the search results were not satisfactory.

Therefore, I would like to ask two questions here:
1. Can MFRC522 read the UID of the NFC tag?
2. If it is possible, are there any corresponding resources for learning?

Thank you very much here!
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Jonathan_Iglesias
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi 

Hope you are doing great,  in this case I dont see a reason why the reader should not be able to  read longer UID, the anti collision process might not be implemented correctly the best would  be that you check that  it is doing the correct process and the corresponding cascade levels. 

for your first question yes as long as the tag is a mifare or NTAG device. since the MFRC is intended to be working with this devices.

for the other question you can check the documentation section for  this device in the following link

https://www.nxp.com/products/rfid-nfc/nfc-hf/nfc-readers/standard-performance-mifare-and-ntag-fronte...

it is also worth mention that this device is not recommended for new devices, we recommend customers for new projects to use the CLRC663 family.

BR

Jonathan

0 Kudos