cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ALM is available on PN5180?

norihiromichiga
Senior Contributor I

Hello, 

I can find that PN5180 support Active Load Modulation in the data sheet.

But I can't find any detail about ALM , such as how to enable/disable ALM and how to select the phase etc... in documents for PN5180. Could you advise me if this device has really support ALM?

If PN5180 can support ALM, could you advise me if there are any difference in the performance/functionality between PN5180 and PN551/553 that were developed for mobile application?

Thanks,

Norihiro Michigami

AVNET

0 Kudos
3 Replies

ahmedmomar88
Contributor I

Hello Kan, 

When you say passive mode is used in other modes. What other modes?? I think load modulation (either active or passive) is used only in card emulation, right?

And if I want to use ALM in card emulation mode in PN5180, how to adjust its parameters?

Thanks

0 Kudos

norihiromichiga
Senior Contributor I

Hello Kan, 

Thank you for your answer.  I'm closing this case.

Regards, 

Norihiro Michigami
AVNET

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Norihiro Michigami,

PN5180 supports ALM function, but it is recommended to card simulation mode, for other modes, passive load mode is used.

Hope that helps,
Have a great day,
Kan

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------