27.12M Quartz cann't oscillate of OM5778

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

27.12M Quartz cann't oscillate of OM5778

bob_zhang
Contributor I

Customer use OM5778_PN7150S design file mounting their own PCBA. They add 3.3V to Vbat、Vbat1 、Vbat2 and Vdd(pad),and mersured Vdd=Vdda=Vddd=1.8V,Vdd(tx)=Vdd(tx_in)=3.3V. But 27.12M Quartz cann't oscillate, they the Quartz PN in demo BOM. What's the possible reason for this problem?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

bob_zhang
Contributor I

Thanks for your reply.

Customer use the quartz in demo BOM as following.

//Y1 NX2016HA_27.12Mhz NX2016AA SURFACE MOUNT TYPE CRYSTAL UNITS NDK

By the way,is it related to power-up squence? They power the Vbat,VDD(pad) and Ven in the same time.

0 Kudos

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

I looked for the datasheet of the device and I was not able to locate the information needed. Still, these are the parameters that your device need to match

pastedImage_1.png

Yes, it can also be affected by the power up sequence, for more information, please check the 12.6.2 Power-up sequences of the data sheet

Regards,

Estephania

0 Kudos

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Besides you use as a base the files provided you will need to debug your system due to the physical elements as the material or the manufacturer might not be the same. Still, when using a crystal, frequency accuracy and drive level must be carefully selected according to the specification provided in the PN7150 Product Datasheet.

You can also check and use as a reference

PN7150 Antenna Design and Matching Guide 

PN7150 Hardware Design Guide 

Regards ,

Estephania

0 Kudos