Using NTAG I²C plus kit with LPC55S69

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This post contains step by step guide of how to use the NTAG I²C plus with LPC55S69. This is easy and straightforward to do, since the MCUXpresso SDK Builder tool has an option to add NTAG I²C plus example directly to SDK of LPC55S69.

Hardware Needed:

Follow the following simple steps to use NTAG I²C plus with LPC55S69:

1. Download and install MCUXpresso IDE (if you don’t have it already). It can be download for free by clicking here:
  2. Next step is to use the MCUXpresso SDK Builder tool to build and download the SDK for LPC55S69. For this:
    1. Go to  the MCUXpresso SDK Builder website: https://mcuxpresso.nxp.com/en/select
    2. Select the LPC55S69 board and then click on ‘Build MCUXpresso SDK’ button:
      pastedImage_8.png
    3. Click on ‘Add Software component’, then select the NTAG I2C component, click ‘Save changes’ and then download the SDK.
      pastedImage_9.png
  3. Drag and drop the downloaded SDK to the installed SDK’s tab in the MCUXpresso IDE to install it.
  4. Click on the ‘Import SDK example(s)’ in the Quickstart Panel in the MCUXpresso IDE. Then select LPC55S69, ‘check the ntag_i2c_plus_example’ box and hit ‘Finish’.
    pastedImage_12.png
  5. Connect the LPC55S69 and NTAG I²C plus boards together. Details of these connections can be found in the “readme.txt” file in the “doc” folder of the project:

pastedImage_14.png
  6. Finally click on debug in the Quickstart Panel to build the project, flash it to the MCU, and start debugging.

This is how the output looks like in the Console tab of IDE:

pastedImage_17.png

Bring any active nfc device (e.g. an NFC phone with NFC enabled) near the ntagi2c board. The program will detect it and consequently blink the LED as well as display a message on the console:

pastedImage_18.png

Read the “readme.txt” file for more details regarding the project.

Available Resources:

Labels (1)
Comments

Hi, I would like to report a bug in SDK file of ntag_i2cplus/HAL_NTAG/ntag_driver.c that causes I2C address to get corrupted.

I'm using the 'lpcxpresso55s69_ntag_i2c_explorer_blink' example with NXP NT3H2111_2211 NFC chip.

I'm using SDK 2.6.2 for LPCXpresso55S69

The issue is that I2C address is held in memory byte zero of NT3H2111, so writing to block zero will corrupt I2C address. The function 'NTAG_WriteBytes' takes account of this but has a flaw. The flaw is the I2C address is held in upper 7 bits, but the function writes it to lower 7 bits.

The fix looks like this...

/* check if it is the first Block(0x00) and not the I2C Addr */

/* be careful with writing of first byte in management block */

/* the byte contains part of the serial number on read but   */

/* on write the I2C address of the device can be modified    */

if (0x00 == current_block && NTAG_MEM_ADRR_I2C_ADDRESS < begin)

ntag->rx_buffer[RX_START + 0] = ntag->address;                          << Original Code

ntag->rx_buffer[RX_START + 0] = (ntag->address) << 1;               << Fixed code

No ratings
Version history
Last update:
‎05-23-2019 04:32 AM
Updated by: