cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mcspte1ak144 with a different motor

Jump to solution
Albatros
Contributor III

I am using this development kit with M-2310P-LN-04K motor (Datasheet is in the attachments). I can drive the motor in sensorless mode but can not make it work with encoder mode even though I connected the encoder pins and set the encoder macro to true. What could be the problem?

Note: I changed MOTOR_PP to 4 because my motor has 8 poles

Note 2: When I change encoderPospe.thRotEl.filt variable with drvFOC.pospeSensorless.thRotEl my motor starts to spin so I think my problem must be with encoderPospe.thRotEl.filt variable. This value is the encoder's position value. What can I do about that, am I supposed to change MOTOR_PP_GAIN and MOTOR_PP_SHIFT right now?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Albatros
Contributor III
You have a different number of encoder pulses.
The kit has a motor with 1024 pulses.
For the FlexTimer it is 2*1024 - 1 = 2047.
For your motor let's say x = your pulses
Maximum Count Value in PE must be = 2 * x - 1.
And you should also change the initial value of the FTM2 counter in the main code so it must be - maximum count value in pe.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Lesternixon
Contributor I

I alter the encoderPose. drvFOC and the variable thRotEl.filt pospeSensorless. My motor turns on, hence I believe the encoder is the cause of my issue.

0 Kudos
Albatros
Contributor III
You have a different number of encoder pulses.
The kit has a motor with 1024 pulses.
For the FlexTimer it is 2*1024 - 1 = 2047.
For your motor let's say x = your pulses
Maximum Count Value in PE must be = 2 * x - 1.
And you should also change the initial value of the FTM2 counter in the main code so it must be - maximum count value in pe.
0 Kudos
kains
Contributor I

mcspte1ak144 is a code or identifier, possibly related to a specific motor. Without additional context or details about the replacement igg game motor, it's challenging to provide information on a different motor. Please provide more information for accurate assistance.

0 Kudos
PetrS
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

here are some hints received from Apps team:
- change the setting in PE for the encoder (FTM) to the correct number of counts/rev
- correctly set the number of counts in FreeMASTER (Sensors tab)
- change the ENCODER macro
- select the appropriate Sensor option in FreeMASTER
- correctly connect the encoder to the board. Do not forget that for the encoder it is necessary to connect, in addition to ENC A, ENC B and ENC I, also to GND and +5V. On DEVKIT-MOTORGD, check that J8 is disconnected (+5V).

BR, Petr

0 Kudos