cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using MPC5744p Rev.E for open and closed loop of PMSM

eCarMaker
Contributor III

Hello

I want to use DevKit-MPC5744P Rev. E, DevKit MotorGD and Linix motor (45ZWN24-40)

Unfortunately, all provided Demos (PMSM: Closed Loop FOC, and PMSM: Open Loop V/F method)  are configured for DevKit-MPC5744P Rev. B.

Could you please provide the Demos for Rev. E with FreeMaster GUI.

Thanks so much for your support in advance!

Regards

eCarMaker

0 Kudos
8 Replies

petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Please try following SW:

I will have more details later if there is anything official. But it should be enough to reconfigure pins.

Peter

0 Kudos

eCarMaker
Contributor III

Hello Peter,

Thanks for your answer.

I flashed the provided Files and it runs as expected, but this is for BLDC motor.

1.  I attached model of Speed Control of PMSM and reconfigured the pins for Rev. E. I can flash and connect to FreeMaster, and if I push SW1 and SW2 the reference speed can be increased and reduced, but the motor doesn't rotate and LED stays blue. Could you please tell me what can I check? Can you try this model on your setup?
  2. Do you have any model for speed control of PMSM motors, which have resolver/encoder e.g. Teknic M-2310P-LN-04K PMSM motor?

Best Regards

0 Kudos

petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

I flashed the provided Files and it runs as expected, but this is for BLDC motor.

That's nice to hear.

I attached model of Speed Control of PMSM and reconfigured the pins for Rev. E. I can flash and connect to FreeMaster, and if I push SW1 and SW2 the reference speed can be increased and reduced, but the motor doesn't rotate and LED stays blue. Could you please tell me what can I check? Can you try this model on your setup?

This is not possible unfortunately. I do not have the board here. Application engineer will be back in office after new year then I can request it.

Do you have any model for speed control of PMSM motors, which have resolver/encoder e.g. Teknic M-2310P-LN-04K PMSM motor?

Motor control team recommended to get in touch with TGdrives (provided or our motors). Get in touch with them to see if they have anything according to your requirements.

https://www.tgdrives.cz/

Best regards,

Peter

0 Kudos

eCarMaker
Contributor III

Hello, 

I attached model of Speed Control of PMSM and reconfigured the pins for Rev. E. I can flash and connect to FreeMaster, and if I push SW1 and SW2 the reference speed can be increased and reduced, but the motor doesn't rotate and LED stays blue. Could you please tell me what can I check? Can you try this model on your setup?

This is not possible unfortunately. I do not have the board here. Application engineer will be back in office after new year then I can request it.

In meanwhile I detected the problem. It is because of the spikes of measured Idc, which exceeds the maximum allowed value 2A when the MODE is changing from 0 to 1 and that leads to Failure.

I solved this problem via workaround by increasing the threshold of Idc from 2A to 2.5 A when the SW runs in MODE =0. 

Do you have any model for speed control of PMSM motors, which have resolver/encoder e.g. Teknic M-2310P-LN-04K PMSM motor?

Motor control team recommended to get in touch with TGdrives (provided or our motors). Get in touch with them to see if they have anything according

I got in touch with TGdrives some weeks ago and till now I haven't got any answer. But I am wondering if you have any demo which handel the position and speed measurements using resolver and encoder.

Thanks

0 Kudos

petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport
0 Kudos

eCarMaker
Contributor III

Thanks for your answer.

Do you have any Simulink file which handels the position and speed measurements using resolver and encoder using MPC5744P?

Best regards 

0 Kudos

petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

This is a question for MDBT rather then for MPC5xxx.

Try to ask at:

https://community.nxp.com/t5/Model-Based-Design-Toolbox-MBDT/bd-p/mbdt

But I expect that there will be some block for encoder and resolver signal processing.

Best regards,

Peter

0 Kudos

petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

I am not aware of that SW is dependent on board revision.

I see only one SW package available on our web site:

https://www.nxp.com/design/automotive-software-and-tools/model-based-design-toolbox-mbdt:MBDT

I will doblecheck if theres any update in SW which is not published and feedback you.

Best regards,

Peter

0 Kudos