MISSING library file for PMSM operation in KV10

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MISSING library file for PMSM operation in KV10

vigneshkumarp
Contributor III

Hi,I am using my own board of MKV10Z32VLC7 which belongs to Cortex-M0+ Based Microcontroller. While I trying to porting the code I found that there is no ALPHA and BETA coordinates for the M0 based microcontroller in the source code.I downloaded the source code from NXP site as executable file named RTCESL-CM-4.3.exe, after I get installed it saved in C:\NXP\RTCESL(attached a screen shot).As per the User guide available in the folder, I have added the library files into my project and it get compiled for all other libraries except ALPHA and BETA coordinates which is not available in the C:\NXP\RTCESL\CM0_RTCESL_4.3_KDS\AMCLIB\Include(attached a screen shot).But the ALPHA and BETA coordinates are available in all other M4, M4F, M7 and M7F based microcontroller(AMCLIB_PMSMBemfObsrvAB_A32).

When I tried to add manually or copied all the AMCLIB file from M4 version it doesn't support that, am using Code Warrior 10.6. What should I do  for the M0 based microcontroller to get ALPHA and BETA coordinates??? Thanks in advance...

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

eduardo_viramon
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi!

We don't support alpha-beta sensorless observer in Cortex M0+. Please note that if you simply want the alpha-beta current values, those can be obtained simply from the Clarke transform, which is in fact supported in the libraries for CM0+ (GMCLIB). The function you are referring is the sensorless observer. We do support D-Q sensorless observer on CM0+ only. Main reason for this is that alpha-beta observer is more complex so the reduced processing speed compared to CM4 is not suitable. You can still obtain raw alpha-beta from the Clarke transformation, and you can still obtain great observer results from the D-Q observer.

Please let us know if this solves your question.

0 Kudos

vigneshkumarp
Contributor III

Hi,

Is there any detailed document available to use the DQ observer without ALPHA and BETA ?? We are observing the back emf through the library file ACLIB_PMSMBemfObsrvAB (As we have a product already with MC56F82726VLF and we planned to upgrade to low cost microcontroller we choose MKV10Z32VLC7. And now we are migrating the code from MC56F82726VLF to MKV10Z32VLC7), and here we use only DQ observer, I can't able to understand the the concept of applying the concept to find out THETA and OMEGA.

It will be helpful if you share some detailed document and some example projects based on FOC for PMSM.

Thank you..

0 Kudos

eduardo_viramon
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Vignesh,

The best way you can learn how to use the DQ observer correctly is to download our PMSM Sensorless reference design for KV10, potentially, you could simply integrate that code into your project:

3-Phase PMSM Motor Control Reference Design|NXP 

Go to Software and Tools tab and go to the bottom to download the reference application. Once you have installed it, simply browse to reference build applications folder and to the KV10 folder and open the project.

Let me know if you have further questions about this.

0 Kudos