MCRSP_PMSM_V1.2.0 vs MCUXpresso SDK 2.7.0

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCRSP_PMSM_V1.2.0 vs MCUXpresso SDK 2.7.0

ritesh_panchal
Contributor I

I want to develop High Voltage PMSM Motor drive application. I have bought HVP-MC3PH

I can find 2 different PMSM examples. 

1. MCRSP_PMSM_V1.2.0 which has MCRSP_VER  "1.2.0"
  2. MCUXpresso SDK 2.7.0 which has MCRSP_VER  "2.0.0"

• I can see that function structure is almost same is both SDK. But quite difference in implementation of motor control API. 
  • MCRSP_VER  "1.2.0" uses FRAC16() while MCRSP_VER  "2.0.0" uses float numbers.
  • With MCRSP_PMSM_V1.2.0, i can get smooth start up as well as clear sine wave phase currents.
  • With MCUXpresso SDK 2.7.0, start up is not smooth. Motor jerks for 1-2 sec. And Phase current waveform is not clear sine wave.

So which SDK i should use?

And why motor is not running smooth with latest SDK 2.7.0?

0 Kudos
3 Replies

FelipeGarcia
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ritesh,

Sorry for the late reply.

We always recommend to use our latest available tools. Which is the case of SDK 2.7.0. In addition, please check the SDK folder in the following path.

SDK installation folder\middleware\motor_control\pmsm

There you will find FRAC version for PMSM motor control.

I hope this helps!

Best regards,

Felipe

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

ritesh_panchal
Contributor I

Hi Felipe,

Thanks for the Reply.

Where can i find Change log of PMSM Motor SDK between following versions?

1. MCRSP_PMSM_V1.2.0 which has MCRSP_VER  "1.2.0"
  2. MCUXpresso SDK 2.7.0 which has MCRSP_VER  "2.0.0"

The Differences which i have found..

1. V1.2.0 PMSM example using FRACTION numbers in 'm1_pmsm_appconfig.h', while V2.7.0 using Floating numbers by default but also has support for FRACTION. So how floating is better? Can you have PMSM Fast Loop performance comparison using FRAC and Floating?
  2. Dead Time Compensation is added in 2.7.0. But with Dead Time Compensation enabled, phase current waveforms for free running motor are not smooth compared with Dead Time Compensation disabled. So for cases dead time Compensation is useful.
  3. With same Motor Parameter and other config parameters, some PID and other coefficient comes different for both version FreeMASTER MCAT project. 
0 Kudos

FelipeGarcia
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ritesh,

Unfortunately, we do not have any log with the changes between this versions. I am sorry for the inconveniences that this may cause you.

Best regards,

Felipe

0 Kudos