キャンセル
次の結果を表示 
表示  限定  | 次の代わりに検索 
もしかして: 

MCAT - Motor Idendifier Tab for acim_hpv-kv58f application

6,928件の閲覧回数
chuckwheeler
Contributor II

Hi, I am trying to develop an inverter product based upon your ACIM reference design using the NXP high voltage development board (HVP-MC3PH) with a KV58F daughter card. I am able to compile and flash the software into the development board. The MCAT software does run a small AC motor in scalar and FOC modes. I am using a very small 3-phase AC motor rated for 0.16 HP (90W, 230V, 60Hz)

My problem is that I cannot get the Motor Identifier to work properly. I have entered the parameters for my motor in the Parameters tab and then attempt to Measure in the Motor Identifier tab. The motor spins fast for about 6 seconds, measures the Rs and then abruptly halts. The motor then sits idle and makes a humming noise. Application Note AN5051 indicates the Blocked Rotor Test follows the No-Load Test, which may be invoked at that point. The software is locked up at that point and will not proceed past the screen shown below. The values in Variable Watch window turn to question marks "?" . The only escape is to power down and restart everything. MCUXpresso seemed to compile, debug and flash the target board normally.

Freemaster does issue a error warning that states the M1_fm_I_increment / MID PwrStg I Inc variable is missing. Maybe that is the problem? I cannot map that variable into anything in the MCRSP_ACIM_V1.2.0 / acim_ref_sol software that I can identify. 

Can you provide any suggestions to get the Motor Identifier to work?

Thank you, Chuck Wheeler

pastedImage_1.png

0 件の賞賛
18 返答(返信)

6,158件の閲覧回数
stephanpienaar
Contributor I

Hi Pavel

I still experience the Motor Identify problem with the KV58.

When I do get the motor to run (with fudged parameters from KV46) it stops abruptly when I press the STOP button or set speed to 0 (and sometimes causing the fuse to blow).

There seems to be a short circuit in the IGBT (I think one or more PWMs stays on).

Please see DropBox link for video and configuration files.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jmz8zuxxet5ufm7/AAAXQ85LqaTZxXD5pkQo3ADQa?dl=0

0 件の賞賛

6,155件の閲覧回数
pavelsustek
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Stephan,

I've checked again the peripheral configuration of HVP-KV58 board and not found any differences to HVP-KV46. 

I also measured PWM state in STOP state, all PWM's are off. When you set 0 rpm to required speed, motor speed is decreased using speed ramp and when motor finishes freewheeling, 50% duty cycle is set.

Unfortunately we have blocked access to dropbox, so the only way is to attached files to this thread.

As you have your own HW board it's quite difficult to say what can be the root cause.

Regards,

Pavel

0 件の賞賛

6,155件の閲覧回数
stephanpienaar
Contributor I

Hi Pavel,

I have experienced this problem with NXP Development kit HVP-MC3PH + HVP-KV58F220M.

I have taken a video and saved in my DropBox. Please try this link again.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jmz8zuxxet5ufm7/AAAXQ85LqaTZxXD5pkQo3ADQa?dl=0

Regards

0 件の賞賛

6,154件の閲覧回数
pavelsustek
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Stephan,

we have blocked DROPBOX by our firewall so I've no option to see the content you've provided. Could you use different service for file uploading (SharePoint e.g.)

Regards,

Pavel

0 件の賞賛

6,154件の閲覧回数
stephanpienaar
Contributor I

Hi Pavel,

I’ve sent you a OneDrive link last week. I just want to confirm if you managed to view it.

Regards

0 件の賞賛

6,154件の閲覧回数
pavelsustek
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Stephan,

I was out of office. 

Unfortunately I was not able to see nothing from your Sharepoint, as identification is required, see attachment.

Best way would be to attach at least pictures to this thread, if possible.

Regards,

Pavel

OneDrive_notification.PNG

0 件の賞賛

6,154件の閲覧回数
stephanpienaar
Contributor I

Hi Pavel,

Please see my info and video.

Thank you Stephan

This link only works for the direct recipients of this message.

<https://batteryelectric-my.sharepoint.com:443/:v:/g/personal/stephanp_batteryelectric_co_za/EY-tqa399AVNmxv8MGZ8nk4BDOhHSJpC1U034KQIAcvY3Q?e=4%3adbdc15f3bda04160a96141ef972dde55&at=9> <https://batteryelectric-my.sharepoint.com:443/:v:/g/personal/stephanp_batteryelectric_co_za/EY-tqa399AVNmxv8MGZ8nk4BDOhHSJpC1U034KQIAcvY3Q?e=4%3adbdc15f3bda04160a96141ef972dde55&at=9>

20190219_103242_

Open <https://batteryelectric-my.sharepoint.com:443/:v:/g/personal/stephanp_batteryelectric_co_za/EY-tqa399AVNmxv8MGZ8nk4BDOhHSJpC1U034KQIAcvY3Q?e=4%3adbdc15f3bda04160a96141ef972dde55&at=9>

Sender will be notified when you open this link for the first time.

Microsoft respects your privacy. To learn more, please read our Privacy Statement.<https://westeuroper-notifyp.svc.ms:443/api/v2/tracking/method/Click?mi=RMDMwrMMiEaz3pnQ7USOIA&ru=https%3a%2f%2fprivacy.microsoft.com%2fprivacystatement&tc=PrivacyStatement&cs=0e07659b2986c666099c66b21d33f3f7>

Microsoft Corporation, One Microsoft Way, Redmond, WA 98052

0 件の賞賛

6,153件の閲覧回数
stephanpienaar
Contributor I

Hi Pavel,

I am experiencing exactly the same problem that Chuck did. When attempting to measure motor parameters (the from the Motor Identif tab) the motor runs for a few seconds (during no-load test) then abruptly halts and the MCAT freezes.

I'm using standard HVP-MC3PH + HVP-KV58 with original sw. I got the same "fm_I_increment" error, and fixed it from your earlier post. 

However, I also have the HVP-KV46 (on the same HVP-MC3PH base) and that works 100% (no-load motor spins, then runs free, then locked-rotor test). The motor parameters are measured and calculated correctly.

It is most probably only a sw bug in the KV58 sw solution.

I hope you can help me with a fix, since my custom design is build around the KV58 cpu.

Regards

0 件の賞賛

6,153件の閲覧回数
pavelsustek
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Stephan,

I'll look at this issue in following days. Hopefully, it'll be able to fix it easily.

Regards,

Pavel

0 件の賞賛

6,154件の閲覧回数
stephanpienaar
Contributor I

Thank you, Pavel.

I’m a bit stuck with the Motor Identification Routine and it adversely hampers my Development Project progress.

I appreciate your urgent help and advice.

Kind Regards

0 件の賞賛

6,167件の閲覧回数
pavelsustek
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Stephan,

if for your motor the identification works correctly on HVP-KV46, then you can identify the motor using KV46 and re-use final motor parameters for HVP-KV58 board until a bug is identified and fixed. Motor parameters do not depend on used MCU.

Regards,

Pavel

0 件の賞賛

6,167件の閲覧回数
stephanpienaar
Contributor I

Hi Pavel,

Yes, correct. The HVP-KV46 Motor Identification is working correctly and with the results I can then also spin the motor using the HVP-KV58F + HVP-MC3PH (it’s a small ~1hp 3ph motor).

However, I’ve scaled the NXP ACIM reference design to run a much bigger motor 37kW. I have redesigned the Power Interface + Micro Controller pcb (with MKV58F1M).

My new design is working in principle; I’ve confirmed the 3ph voltages with an oscilloscope and managed to spin the small motor.

My challenge is to Identify the new 37kW motor parameters (for obvious reasons I can’t do it with the HVP-MC3PH dev kit).

After some unsuccessful tests, I went back to the HVP-MC3PH dev kit and discovered that there’s a bug with the HVP-KV58F implementation.

Because of my new pcb (new form factor) I cannot simply plug the HVP-KV46 to do the Motor Identification. Consequently, we should first sort out the problem at dev kit level.

Please let me know what tests, observations I can make to help debug the problem.

Kind Regards

0 件の賞賛

6,170件の閲覧回数
pavelsustek
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Stephan,

I've just tested and compared both applications for HVP-KV46 and HVP-KV58. There's no difference between both codes apart from peripheral setting. I've also checked motor identification on HVP-KV58 for two smaller ACIM's and haven't found any issue.

To be able to analyze your issue I would need your HVP-KV58 original application you tested on NXP HVP-MC3PH board with small motor and identification crashed.

Next I need following files for modified HW and 37kW motor:

- MCRSP_ACIM_V1.2.0\freemaster\mcat\param_files\M1_params_acim_hvp-kv58f.txt

- MCRSP_ACIM_V1.2.0\src\projects\hvpkv58f\m1_acim_appconfig.h

Could you zip once and attached to this thread?

Regards,

Pavel

0 件の賞賛

6,170件の閲覧回数
pavelsustek
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Chuck,
thank you for requested files. I've looked at ones and would need few comments on following:
- do you try to run motor identification on hw boards HVP-MC3PH + HVP-KV58 or your own hw?
- from files you attached hw board is set and also board scale are different to HVP-MC3PH

I would recommend you following steps:
1. Use HVP-MC3PH board + HVP-KV58 card and original sw application (default one without any modifications)
2. To measure your motor, you need only set Motor Label Parameters on Motor Identification tab
3. You can check and update Fault limits on Parameters tab as your input voltage seems to be 120VAC instead to default 230VAC (320VDC bus) - set Udcb_under to required value and set Update button.
4. Click Measure button on Motor Identification tab.
5. First task is measurement on unloaded motor, after that Rs should appear and you are requested to block the rotor to continue measurement. It's necessary to have rotor shaft mechanically locked

I've tested the application with small (25W) ACIM on my desk to set similar conditions to yours and no issue has been detected.

However, thanks to your observation with missing "I increment variable" I fixed the bug in attached file, please replace.
This variable is used during board calibration, when different power stage (User HW) is used. But in case you use default HVP-MC3PH board this step can be omitted.

0 件の賞賛

6,170件の閲覧回数
pavelsustek
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

I've tried to set similar conditions on my side and test HVP-KV58 ACIM application. It works correctly including motor identification tab.

From your issue description it seems that there might be problem with some parameter values.

Could you please send or attach here following files to be able to analyze the possible issue source?

- MCRSP_ACIM_V1.2.0\freemaster\mcat\param_files\M1_params_acim_hvp-kv58f.txt

- MCRSP_ACIM_V1.2.0\src\projects\hvpkv58f\m1_acim_appconfig.h

Regards,

Pavel

0 件の賞賛

6,170件の閲覧回数
chuckwheeler
Contributor II

Hi Pavel,

The two files you requested are attached above. Thanks for your help.

Chuck

0 件の賞賛

6,171件の閲覧回数
Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

I am checking this issue with MCAT software team.

I will let you know when there with any feedback.

Thank you for the patience.

best regards,

Mike

0 件の賞賛

6,171件の閲覧回数
chuckwheeler
Contributor II

Thanks Mike! I appreciate any assistance you can provide. I am not an experienced MCAT user, so hopefully you will tell me there is a simple fix that relates to operator error. Otherwise, I think the ACIM reference design is top notch.

Chuck

0 件の賞賛