cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MC3PHACVP

pedrogobbo
Contributor I
Hi, 
I have a few questions about the MC3PHACVP.
1) Can I use it to build a variable frequency drive? 3) With this controller programming is not necessary. Right?  4) Do I need a programmer or anything else to use it? I guess no if I don't need to code

It seems like the MC3PHACVP is not being manufactured anymore, but what attracted me the most about this controller is the possibility of using it with no necessity of programming.
Is there an equivalent microcontroller that don't need programming in the market?

Even though is not being manufactured anymore, there are still some pieces left in websites like Aliexpress.

Thank you Pedro
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

hn_sc
Contributor I

I'm in the same situation as Pedro. Looking for a simple and fast solution to control AC induction motors (0.5kW to 3kW). 

The MC3PHAC looked perfect for my project. These solutions using an Kinetis KV MCU looks much more complicated and more expensive. Anyway, I guess the HVP-MC3PH is a good board to start?

0 Kudos

pavelsustek
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Pedro,

as Philip has stated, there's available an AC induction reference projects on www.nxp.com/motorcontrol_acim

You can find there documentations describing ACIM control theory and also implementation on Kinetis KV MCU's.

The reference application contains also motor identification routines that enables to run AC induction motor in reasonable time even without expert knowledge of programming.

The application source code is all in C.

0 Kudos

pedrogobbo
Contributor I

Philip, thank you so much for replying.

Isn't there another solution similar to MC3PHAC being manufactured in these days??

"For AC induction motors you can use one of the NXP motor control reference designs and the MCAT tools included in a tool called freemaster to tune and drive your AC motor."

Where can I find these references? The variable frequency drive that I want to build is for AC induction motors.

Programming is necessary in these cases I Imagine, am I right? If so, how is this programming language?

At first, I was thinking about using a dspic to build a VFD, but I gave up when I found out that I would need to code in Assembly language. The only language that I know, not a lot, is C language.

If you can please guide me where I can find good references about how to code these micro controllers it would be really helpful. I already know how a VFD works, the necessity of PWMs for the IGBTs, the circuit diagrams.

0 Kudos

philip_drake
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The MC3PHACVP is not supported any more. 

To build a variable frequency drive I suggest that you use one of the KV series of MCUs.

If you are not familiar with motor control, then the use of Kinetis Motor Suite (nxp.com/kms)  might be of use.  Without any programming on your part you can drive a motor, develop a motion plan for PMSM and BLDC motors. 

For AC induction motors you can use one of the NXP motor control reference designs and the MCAT tools included in a tool called freemaster to tune and drive your AC motor. 

Depending on the voltage and current of your motor, there are development platorms available to drive most motors.

I hope this helps you in deciding your direction.

Regards,

Philip

0 Kudos