cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MC33899

Eng_34
Contributor I

Hi, 

I want to using MC33899 for drive a selenoid valf, ı saw this application in a few circuit, what is the advantages of driving with H-Bridge controller instead mosfet or other components. And what is the purpose of this application? Thanks.

0 Kudos
2 Replies

TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Sinon,

The MC33899 is no longer manufactured, the recommended replacement is the MC33HB2001.

The advantage of our integrated solution is its simple configurability and advanced diagnostics via SPI. You can use it to drive DC motors or bi-directional solenoid controlled actuators, such as throttle control or exhaust gas recirculation actuators. It is particularly well suited for the harsh environment found in automotive power train systems.

BR, Tomas

Eng_34
Contributor I

First of all thanks for your answer. I think that we will only use one output when we want to drive a solenoid valve instead of a DC motor, is there a document where I can get technical support for this use? How should I make the necessary connections when I want to drive a solenoid valve, not a DC motor, with the MC33HB2001? What should I pay attention to? Would it give me an advantage in circuit protection if I use this IC instead of classical solenoid driving methods such as Mosfet, half-bridge etc.? I need technical support in such matters, I would be glad if you could help. @TomasVaverka 

Or similarly I'm open to an IC suggestion to drive the turbocharger solenoid valves

0 Kudos