Freemaster hangs while "measure electrical" button is hit -- it's waiting for Ke

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freemaster hangs while "measure electrical" button is hit -- it's waiting for Ke

nwalker
Contributor I

please see attached Word documernt.

Environment:

on Windows 10: MCUXpresso IDE v11.4.1 and FreeMaster 3.1.3.8
MIMXRT1024-EVK eval board with FRDM-LVPMSM daughter board. Eval board modified according to user guide.
motor is TEKNIC default motor
demo application is evkmimxrt1024_mc_pmsm
connection is USB debugger on J23

Problem:

on the FreeMaster/Motor Identif screen when "Measure Electrical" is hit, FreeMaster hangs.
Subsequently identified in MCUXpresso that the software is waiting for monitoring of the Ke parameter to be DONE (0x800000). The status stored in uiCtrl is set to ACK (0x80).\

Additional information:

Teknic motor is running without measuring the electrical parameters.

Thank you for your kind consideration of this problem.

0 Kudos
4 Replies

hns80
Contributor V

I am seeing the exact same thing using the evkmimxrt1024_mc_pmsm example from the RT1024 SDK using the Linix 2 pole motor.

I did not see this happen when using the RT1060-EVK with the mc_pmsm example.

Why would they behave differently?

0 Kudos

nwalker
Contributor I

Sorry for not replying sooner.  I spent most of the day debugging FreeMASTER communication problems.

When FreeMASTER gets stuck aligning in the Motor Identif tab, The FreeMASTER GUI is not hung.  I can go back to the App Control tab, where a communication error is indicated.  Please see attached.

Thank you.

0 Kudos

nwalker
Contributor I

Thank you for your reply.  Unfortunately, I am having FreeMASTER connections problems today and don't have any additional information.  Will try to respond with more information as soon as possible.

FreeMASTER still responds to mouse clicks.  Mptor Idenif page is stuck aligning, as shown in the word document.  Don't know if the Control Panel is updating

0 Kudos

MichalH
NXP Apps Support
NXP Apps Support

Dear Neil,

when you say "FreeMASTER hangs" - do you mean it stops communicating and refreshing the values in the Control Panel or does it really freeze completely and stops reacting to mouse clicks (e.g. the main menu, switching to graph views etc.)? Is it possible for you to refresh the Control Page by pressing F5?

Anyway, it seems this issue is related to the motor control application itself or perhaps some problematic communication between FreeMASTER and the app. I'm going to move your question to the Motor Control and Smart Energy forum for further analysis also by the MC team. 

Thank you,
Michal

0 Kudos