Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating compatibility MBDT to latest matlab releases

Jump to solution
craanede
Contributor III

Hi,

Are there plans or is there a timing available for when compatibility is extended to latest matlab releases?

I have tested the toolbox on 2021b and code generation seems to work, but external mode has issues with the template makefile macros. I was wondering if there was information about other functions that might not work in 2021b as well.

Thanks for the info in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Irina_Costachescu
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi @craanede ,

We have not centralized such limitations in a list, and for doing this and providing a complete record, we first need to test all the MBDT for S32K1 features and functionalities on Matlab R2021b. Until then, since we cannot commit to a timeline for this update, please feel free to report to us any issues you encounter.

Thank you,

Irina

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @craanede,

Can you please tell me which platform are you using?

Regards,

Marius

craanede
Contributor III

Hi Marius,

For Sw platform--> windows 10 64 bit, R2021b.

Right now I am using S32K1xx, but I am open to change to S32K3xx or Kv1/Kv3 if that is updated more frequently.

Best regards,

Dennie

0 Kudos
Irina_Costachescu
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi @craanede 

At this moment, we cannot commit to a time frame for updating the S32K1xx toolbox to support the latest Matlab releases. However, the MBDT for S32K3xx and Kinetis cover the following Matlab versions - S32K3xx (R2020a - R2021b) and Kinetis V (R2019a - R2020b).

Regards,

Irina

craanede
Contributor III

Hi @Irina_Costachescu

Thank you for the information.

I will look into the S32K3xx toolbox and related product.

As I have mentioned, the S32k1xx does work except for some features that use the template make file  according to my own testing. Is there perhaps a list of issues available to understand what the limitations are of S32K1xx in R2021b, so that I can try to solve it myself?

Best regards,

Dennie

0 Kudos
Irina_Costachescu
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi @craanede ,

We have not centralized such limitations in a list, and for doing this and providing a complete record, we first need to test all the MBDT for S32K1 features and functionalities on Matlab R2021b. Until then, since we cannot commit to a timeline for this update, please feel free to report to us any issues you encounter.

Thank you,

Irina

0 Kudos
craanede
Contributor III

Hi @Irina_Costachescu ,

Thank you for the information.

I will make a separate topic to discuss the issue that I found so far.

Best regards,

Dennie

0 Kudos