Unable to Deploy and Start External Mode Example for S32K144 in MBDT

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Deploy and Start External Mode Example for S32K144 in MBDT

rsating
Contributor III

I'm trying to "Build, Deploy, & Restart" the following example from the NXP S32K1xx MBD Toolbox:

extmode_s32k1xx_toolbox_example.png

Starting "Build, Deploy, & Restart" as follows:

extmode_s32k1xx_2_build-deploy-and-start-button.png

It builds successfully, but I get the following error in the next phase Deploy, & Restart"

extmode_s32k1xx_2_monitor-and-tune-error.png

The file it complains cannot be found is plainly present in the build output folder:

extmode_s32k1xx_2_buildinfo-mat-exists.png

I've also noticed the Model Properties has "PreLoadFcn" and "PostSaveFcn" defined:

extmode_s32k1xx_model-properties.png:

The functions called are p-files that are not editable and that have no help available:

>> which mbd_s32k_examples_preload_cbk
C:\Users\T5810\AppData\Roaming\MathWorks\MATLAB Add-Ons\Toolboxes\NXP_MBDToolbox_S32K1xx\mbdtbx_s32k\mscripts\utils\mbd_s32k_examples_preload_cbk.p

>> help mbd_s32k_examples_preload_cbk
mbd_s32k_examples_preload_cbk is a script.

Could these toolbox function calls be responsible for properly setting the search path for the build?

What is their purpose?  Are they required to run a model in extremal mode? 

They the presence of these function calls is invisible, unless someone inspects Model Properties.

In any case, can anyone suggest how o troubleshoot or work-around the "Build, Deploy, & Restart" error?

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @rsating ,

To run External mode on the S32K144 you have to follow the next steps:

1. Go to Model Settings-> Code Generation -> interface. Make sure you checked the 'External mode', Select the serial transport layer In the MEX-file arguments, the second argument represents the Serial Com port, in my case is COM8.

mariuslucianand_1-1606168744043.png

2. Go to Monitor & Tune drop-down option and press the Build for monitoring option

mariuslucianand_0-1606168507781.png

3. Once the code has been deployed on the target, We need to connect to the target. For this step, please go to 'Control Panel' and in the External Mode Control Panel, press the 'Connect' button.

mariuslucianand_2-1606168844723.png

Hope this helps,

Marius

0 Kudos