cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transmit in UART_Echo in Simulink MBDT

Jump to solution
srikar_26
Contributor II

I am trying to implement UART_Echo simulink model on NXP S32K144 microcontroller. I am using Putty to send the data to the microcontroller. I am unable to receive the data back to the Putty. 

Do I have to make any changes in the model?

Please guide me through this.

Thank you

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @srikar_26 ,

The problem is that the OpenSDA acts as an USB2Serial and it's RX an TX signals are hardware routed on the EVB board to the PTC6 and PTC7. So if you want to use those pins you have to use the USB cable connected directly to the board. You cannot add another SUB2 Serial on the PTC6 and PTC7.

Hope this helps,

Marius

View solution in original post

5 Replies
mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @srikar_26 ,

There might be multiple issues in your scenario.

1. Check the serial driver to be installed.

2. Check the COM port is the right one selected in Putty.

3. IN the model, check that you are using the right LPUART instance and the right pins routed to the USB 2 Serial drive.

I would start testing with our ready to run example lpuart_hello_world_s32k14x.mdl

Hope this helps,

Marius

0 Kudos
srikar_26
Contributor II

Hi,

I have tried to run example lpuart_hello_world_s32k14x.mdl and it is fine, but the lpuart_s32k14x.mdl (UART_Echo) is not running on RX - PTC6 and TX - PTC7 on S32K144EVB-Q100 development board. 

When the pins are changed to RX - PTC8/PTD13 and TX - PTC9/PTD14 the model is working fine.

Please guide me.

Thank you

0 Kudos
mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @srikar_26,

Both PTC6 and PTC7 or PTC8 and PTC9 pairs can be assigned to the LPUART 1. However, PTC6 and PTC7 are connected to eh OPENSDA which behaves as a USB to Serial Converter.

When you say that it works on the PTC8 and PTC9, then you are using an external USB2Serial?

The reason for which the PTC6 and PTC7 are not working can be related to multiple causes, like the driver for the OpenSDA, or you are trying to use the FreeMaster at the same time on the same pins.

mariuslucianand_0-1628841324512.png

Waiting for your reply,

Marius

0 Kudos
srikar_26
Contributor II

Hi,

Yes, I am using an external USB2Serial 2102.
But I am not using FreeMaster.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @srikar_26 ,

The problem is that the OpenSDA acts as an USB2Serial and it's RX an TX signals are hardware routed on the EVB board to the PTC6 and PTC7. So if you want to use those pins you have to use the USB cable connected directly to the board. You cannot add another SUB2 Serial on the PTC6 and PTC7.

Hope this helps,

Marius