The freemaster module fails under MATLAB20B_UPDATE3?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The freemaster module fails under MATLAB20B_UPDATE3?

Jump to solution
liuqimin
Contributor IV

Hello

Today I compiled a model with the FREEMASTER module under MATLAB20B_UPDATE3. After the generated'ELF file was imported into FREEMASTER, the set variables could not be found. Is the FREEMASTER module invalid under MATLAB20B_UPDATE3?

Best Regards!

Qimin Liu

0 Kudos
1 Solution
mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @liuqimin ,

I think it is something related to Matlab 2020b. Typically we use a Data Store Memory for Variables that are going to be used in FreeMaster. But for easy access from FreeMaster to the variable address from elf file, we set the storage class of the Data Store Memory either to Volatile or Exported Global. 

The thing is that I don't see that option anymore in the Data Store Memory on R2020b so we have to investigate this with MathWorks.However, in the Data Store Memory documentation, the option "Storage class" seems to be available.  https://www.mathworks.com/help/simulink/slref/datastorememory.html 

mariuslucianand_0-1608063262542.png

Maybe I am missing something... Can you please send me the generated code and the model?

Regards,

Marius

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @liuqimin ,

I think it is something related to Matlab 2020b. Typically we use a Data Store Memory for Variables that are going to be used in FreeMaster. But for easy access from FreeMaster to the variable address from elf file, we set the storage class of the Data Store Memory either to Volatile or Exported Global. 

The thing is that I don't see that option anymore in the Data Store Memory on R2020b so we have to investigate this with MathWorks.However, in the Data Store Memory documentation, the option "Storage class" seems to be available.  https://www.mathworks.com/help/simulink/slref/datastorememory.html 

mariuslucianand_0-1608063262542.png

Maybe I am missing something... Can you please send me the generated code and the model?

Regards,

Marius

0 Kudos
liuqimin
Contributor IV

Hi  Marius

This is the model and generated code.

BRs!

Qimin

0 Kudos
liuqimin
Contributor IV

Hi

Yes, this is MATLAB2020b's fault. There is no problem with MATLAB2019b.

Best Regards!

Qimin Liu

0 Kudos
mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @liuqimin,

I am glad that you can continue your work in R2019b. We've also seen no errors in the 2020a.

I would not consider this as a fault yet, we have to talk to the engineers from MathWorks first, to see if they can help us with some instruction, related to the Storage class options from Simulink.

Regards,

Marius

0 Kudos