Some error occour when i using MDBT to open model!

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some error occour when i using MDBT to open model!

Jump to solution
assangeye
Contributor I

000.png

i just build the environment to develop RT1062 with MBDT tool,but when open a model,this fault appear.i don't how to figure it out and can find nothing.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
nxa11767
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Seeing now your screenshot with your workspace I've notice that the toolbox is installed in a location with spaces in its name. The JTAG download is using some windows bash scripts that don't perform correctly with spaces in its path. This should fix the download in via JTAG in FLASH memory.

When downloading via OpenSDA, the JLink is not used but the Integrated OpenSDA USB CMSIS Debug and Programming adapter. 

About importing in MCUX IDE, the toolbox has an option of exporting the project to make it buildable in MCUX IDE (meaning building all the links to the generated simulink folder, the .mex file used and the compilation/linker flags used from simulink). The option is available in Model Settings -> Hardware Implementation -> Target Hardware Resources-> User Paths, Export generated projects

nxa11767_0-1618387009978.png

As export option:

- Simulink model folder - will just update the <model_name>Config project in the current location of your model, and in this way any change you do in the MCUX IDE will be seen in Simulink and the vice-versa.

- To local filesystem - choose another path to save the <mode_name>Config and <model_name>_ert_rtw folders.

When importing in the MCUIDE the <model_name>Config folder I recommend to not use copy project into workspace because some paths might break. After importing you can change the settings of the project from the MCUX IDE - like memory sizes, linker files etc, from project settings. Also for this export option is better if the toolbox or current location of the model is in a path without spaces.

If you want to change from simulink memory sizes, you must change the linker files for the project. Those are found in the <model_name>Config/linker_files folders, flash or ram folder depending on the Target Memory selection.

BR,

Alexandra

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
23 Replies
assangeye
Contributor I

hello,

First i buld the model,to generate files, next i press "Simulink model folder",i find it can't export,and matlab command occur error.what's more,i find the xxxxx.mex file is be deleted.

414-20.png414-21.png

And if i press "To local filesystem",it export succeed .Then i import to MCU.IDE,and build the project.it also occour an error.

414-22.png

0 Kudos
nxa11767
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

That's because of the spaces in the path. Can you install the toolbox in a path without spaces?

Alexandra

0 Kudos
assangeye
Contributor I

Thanks for your help.i can work well now.

0 Kudos