cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simulink Model Interaction

C_Zuercher_APR
Contributor III

Hi,

I'm looking at trying to link together an existing Simulink Model which has the code for the MPC5748G DEVKIT on it, with an additional Simulink Model. The effective outputs of the existing model are the FlexCAN Blocks. is there a way of interacting with those Blocks such that I can send and recieve CAN Messages in the Virtual World without changing the Simulink model that would be uploaded to the NXP Board?

Apologies if that's a bit convoluted!

Thanks,

Crispin

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Crispin,

I don't think I got this right. So you want to bypass the existing CAN blocks in the Simulation? In this case, I can think to use some variants, which automatically figures out if the model runs in Simulation, or generates code.

Is this what you a relooking for?

Marius

0 Kudos

C_Zuercher_APR
Contributor III

Hi @mariuslucianand 

Apologies for the unclear phrasing of the question.

I'd like to link the NXP CAN Transmit/Recieve blocks to the Virtual Simulink CAN Bus, so that I can perform a complete MIL test and have the model interact with our actuator models etc. without having to deploy the code to hardware.

Is there a way to do this, as I can't find much in the way of documentation.

Thanks and Apologies,

Crispin

0 Kudos

C_Zuercher_APR
Contributor III
Hi Marius, I'd like to place the Simulink model I'd deploy onto the NXP DEVKIT, inside another Simulink model, and link the models together such that I can run simulations as to what's going to happen when running hardware. But, I don't want to have to change the model I'd be deploying onto the NXP DEVKIT, when running my simulations. Thanks, Crispin
0 Kudos