S32K312EVB-Q172, SIMULINK

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32K312EVB-Q172, SIMULINK

paul_ephraim_13
Contributor III

I AM UNABLE TO FIND THE ADC CONFIGURATION BLOCK AND ADC CHANNEL BLOCK  IN SIMULINK UNDER NXP MBDT S32Kxx TOOL BOX, BECAUSE THERE IS ONLY ONE ADC BLOCK AND EVEN WITH GETTING INTO THE PARAMETERS I COULD ONLY FIND THIS FEATURE ADC THRESHOLD CONFIG.  BUT IT WAS NATIVELY FOUND IN A NXP ADC PROGRAMMING VIDEO (MCP5744P)https://www.nxp.com/company/about-nxp/smarter-world-videos/V3-INPUT-ADC 

ALSO PROVIDE PIN CONFIGURATION FOR S32K312EVB-Q172

KINDLY ASSIST!

0 Kudos
1 Reply

dragostoma
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, @paul_ephraim_13,

The approach that you are referring to in that video is used, as you mentioned, at MPC platform, but the approach from the S32K3xx toolbox is a different one. Indeed, in S32K3 is only one ADC block that serves all the capabilities of this component, and based on this block it is possible to choose different functions and set different parameters.

In the old approach, one block was used for each functionality, where the parameters were set directly in the block mask. Instead, now the configuration part and the set parameters are configured in the configuration tool associated with the model, either EB Tresos or S32 Configuration Tools.

dragostoma_1-1726478946550.png

Another configuration part, for example the mentioned ADC Config block, is set in the Hardware Settings section of the model, from where we can choose the hardware board used, the type of download and the COM Port used, for example.

dragostoma_0-1726478705329.png

As a good reference to understand more exactly how to use the new approach, compared to the approach you mentioned, I recommend you watch the following video in which the new paradigm used in S32K3 is presented (MBDT for S32K3 Updates). The part that is most relevant to this topic starts at about minute 12:30.

In general, if you want to use a specific toolbox (S32K3 for example), try to look for relevant information and videos that are strictly applicable in that toolbox, because the approaches in other toolboxes are different.

Let us know if you have other questions.

Best regards,

Dragos

0 Kudos