cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32K144 CAN Rx FIFO only recognizes the first element in the ID filter table

Jump to solution
ranulf
Contributor IV

On the S32K144 I haven't been able to get CAN Rx FIFO work correctly for more than 1 ID element in the filter table.

I have created a simple model for the S32K144EVB (EVB) using R2022a that demonstrates the problem. In this model the CAN Rx FIFO ID filter table contains 4 valid CAN IDs. When I connect the EVB CAN to a CAN-USB interface (PCAN-USB Pro) and send CAN messages to the EVB, only messages with an ID that matches the 1st element of the filter table are recognized. Messages with IDs that match elements at other positions in the filter table are not recognized. Of course, I want messages that have IDs that match any element in the filter table to be recognized regardless of the order of the matching element in the filter table.

Filter_Table.jpg

To prove that filter table element order matters, I systematically rotated all of the ID elements to the first position and found that the only Rx CAN messages recognized were those whose ID matched the first element in the filter table.

I turned to the example projects for guidance. I looked for one where CAN Rx FIFO is used where there are 2 or more valid IDs in the filter table. I couldn't any. I found one example project where Rx FIFO is used, but it only had one ID in the filter table (flexcan_echo_s32k14x.mdl).

How do I set up model for the S32K144 such that CAN Rx FIFO works correctly when there are more than 1 valid IDs in the filter table?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
ranulf
Contributor IV

I Installed MBDT S32K1xx ver 4.3.0 and adapted the model to the latest version. Now CAN Rx FIFO works the way it should.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ranulf
Contributor IV

I Installed MBDT S32K1xx ver 4.3.0 and adapted the model to the latest version. Now CAN Rx FIFO works the way it should.

0 Kudos
ranulf
Contributor IV

5 minutes after I posted this I noticed that a new update for MBDT S32K1xx was just released! I need to explore the new update. Maybe it will resolve the problem I describe above.

0 Kudos