Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIL on Evaluation boards S12ZVM32EVB, S12ZVML12EVBLIN

Jump to solution
Maciek
Contributor V

Hi,

I have a question about possibility of using PIL on the boards mentioned in the topic. As I see from the schematics both have SCI1 signals routed to OSBDM and accessible from outside. But no SCI0 signals. 

Before I was experimenting with S12ZVML-MINIBRD which has the same configuration - only SCI1 is accessible via OSBDM. And using flash-programmed .rbf bootloader I wasn't able to establish communication with Simulink. I assumed that this is not possible because of the lack SCI0 channel.

But now I see the same problem with both other EVBs.

Did anyone use one of these boards with 'Build, Load and Run' option or in PIL simulaiton ?

If yes: how have You configured the communication options?

(this question is closely related to my earlier question about communication channel with MPC5643L using flash bootloader - .rbf file)

Thanks

Maciek

ps. if bootloader is able to communicate only via SCI0 - I need only confirmation of this fact (then I would know that PIL is not an option on this boards)

1 Solution
Maciek
Contributor V

Hi Daniel dumitru-daniel.popa,

your response helped me a lot! 

After reading Your release notes - I've sat again and looked through my old setup with S12ZVML-Miniboard.

After loading RAppiD bootloader ver.1.6.7.35 - I'm able to load models and the Freemaster also works ok. So, I can confirm that bootloader uses SCI_1 channel. The only difference between the other boards mentioned in the topic is that they have 4MHz external oscillator mounted and S12ZVML-Miniboard uses only internal RC oscillator. But now I'm sure we will be able to work with the other EVBs too.

The only drawback is that the OSBDM SCI connection works unstable in this kit - once in a while, after reconnecting the power to the processor (to start the bootloader, before loading new model) - the serial driver unregisters from Device Manager. Then reconnection of OSBDM is also needed.

Thanks for help

Maciek

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
dumitru-daniel_
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Maciek‌,

In case of S12ZVM32 EVB rev X1, S12ZVMx12EVB rev A2 and S12ZVMx12EVB rev X3 the bootloader is using SCI_1 over the PS2 and PS3 pins. For the CAN is using the PS0 and PS1.

I found this release note. It seams that the RAppID Bootloader 1.6.6.27 was tested successfully with these boards.

I'm going to try to see if i can find such a board and have a test with PIL.

Best regards,
Daniel

0 Kudos
Maciek
Contributor V

Hi Daniel dumitru-daniel.popa,

your response helped me a lot! 

After reading Your release notes - I've sat again and looked through my old setup with S12ZVML-Miniboard.

After loading RAppiD bootloader ver.1.6.7.35 - I'm able to load models and the Freemaster also works ok. So, I can confirm that bootloader uses SCI_1 channel. The only difference between the other boards mentioned in the topic is that they have 4MHz external oscillator mounted and S12ZVML-Miniboard uses only internal RC oscillator. But now I'm sure we will be able to work with the other EVBs too.

The only drawback is that the OSBDM SCI connection works unstable in this kit - once in a while, after reconnecting the power to the processor (to start the bootloader, before loading new model) - the serial driver unregisters from Device Manager. Then reconnection of OSBDM is also needed.

Thanks for help

Maciek

0 Kudos