cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NXP MBDT - S32K3XX: Missing configuration block

Jump to solution
tamoorman
Contributor I

I am currently trying to follow the "Get to Know the User-Friendly NXP MBDT for Application Development in MATLAB/Simulink" tutorial video.

I have downloaded the "NXP_Support_Package_S32K3xx" add-on from MATLAB and "Model-Based Design Toolbox for S32K3xx 1.4.0"  from the NXP website.  I followed the installation guide and verified my installation and activation.

After this, the attached image shows what can be seen by the library browser in Simulink.

Despite looking through all of these folders and searching for keywords, I am unable to find the configuration block which allows me to select the target MCU's family, package, etc. (which can be seen at 17:30 in the aforementioned tutorial video).  I am under the impression that all projects require this  configuration block. 

I have performed a complete reinstallation of MATLAB/Simulink and NXP MBDT, but I am still missing the configuration block.  Am I missing a step in the installation process?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Irina_Costachescu
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi @tamoorman,

Please note that the video you are referring to depicts the MBDT for S32K1, which implies a different application development workflow than the toolbox addressing the S32K3 platform.

For more details about the differences between the two frameworks, I would recommend you to watch the following video, which introduces MBDT for S32K3 features and functionalities, proposing a comparison between the two workflows.

Moreover, you can find more details about the S32K3 toolbox in the following webinars, which you could find on the right side of the NXP MBDT Community webpage.

Irina_Costachescu_0-1689008674083.png

Even if they approach specific applications, like motor control and battery management systems, each of them provides an introductory part, describing the application development workflow and the functionalities of the toolbox. 

Hope this will help you to get started with MBDT for S32K3.

Regards,

Irina

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Irina_Costachescu
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi @tamoorman,

Please note that the video you are referring to depicts the MBDT for S32K1, which implies a different application development workflow than the toolbox addressing the S32K3 platform.

For more details about the differences between the two frameworks, I would recommend you to watch the following video, which introduces MBDT for S32K3 features and functionalities, proposing a comparison between the two workflows.

Moreover, you can find more details about the S32K3 toolbox in the following webinars, which you could find on the right side of the NXP MBDT Community webpage.

Irina_Costachescu_0-1689008674083.png

Even if they approach specific applications, like motor control and battery management systems, each of them provides an introductory part, describing the application development workflow and the functionalities of the toolbox. 

Hope this will help you to get started with MBDT for S32K3.

Regards,

Irina

tamoorman
Contributor I

I had not realized the MBDT for S32K1 and S32K3 differed in workflow so significantly.  Thank you for clearing up that confusion and pointing me to more resources!

0 Kudos