Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCSXTE2BK142 and Freemaster / Matlab external mode

Jump to solution
E_S
Contributor II

Hello,

I have a MCSXTE2BK142 board. I am able to program it with the MBDT over the serial connection afer I flashed the S32K142_S32DS_UART0_CAN0.rbf file.

I want to use the example project "BLDC_ClosedLoop". I sucessfully connected the board in Freemaster with the Connection Wizard over the serial connection with a baud rate of 115200. But I am not able to control the Board. Maybe this is because there are missing symbol definitions.

E_S_0-1643206129187.png

According to this Answer there is no TSA available, so the definitions are missing. But the .elf file of the project does not contain any symbol:

E_S_1-1643206266153.png

E_S_2-1643206310374.png

Because there are no symbol definitions, I am not able to control anything. Additionally I can not look up any measurements (e.g. hall sensor state) of the board.

Can you help me here?

Furthermore I am not able to use the external mode in the "BLDC_ClosedLoop" project. If I set up everything and disable the Freemaster Configuration and Recorder, while building ("Build for monitoring") I get this error:

E_S_3-1643206758160.png

Is it not common to use the board in external mode so that you can control and debug the board from Matlab? What is my error here?

Thank you

0 Kudos
1 Solution
adriantudor
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @E_S ,

We don't offer support for TSA with MBDT, but the loading of the ".elf" file should fix your problem.

Please delete all generated files by the build process, then try to build again the project. After that open, the FreeMaster project, do not hit the connect button yet, then load the newly generated ".elf" file and see if there are some missing symbols. If there are no missing symbols, try to connect the FreeMaster project to the development board.

Best regards,

Adrian

View solution in original post

5 Replies
adriantudor
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @E_S ,

Please tell me which version of Matlab do you use and after building the project, open the ".map" file with a text editor and see if there is anything.

Best regards,

Adrian

0 Kudos
E_S
Contributor II

Hello Adrian,

Thank you for the fast response.

I use Matlab R2021a.

The ".map" file is filled.

0 Kudos
adriantudor
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @E_S ,

We don't offer support for TSA with MBDT, but the loading of the ".elf" file should fix your problem.

Please delete all generated files by the build process, then try to build again the project. After that open, the FreeMaster project, do not hit the connect button yet, then load the newly generated ".elf" file and see if there are some missing symbols. If there are no missing symbols, try to connect the FreeMaster project to the development board.

Best regards,

Adrian

E_S
Contributor II

Hi Adrian,

Thanks a lot. Now it works nice with Freemaster.

Is it possible to use the example in external mode of Matlab and solve the problem I mentioned above?

0 Kudos
adriantudor
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @E_S ,

It won't work with the external mode of Matlab (that has its own protocol) because the FreeMaster block generates the driver code that takes care of all functionalities of FreeMaster (data handling, data record, transport data over the serial interface, etc).

Best regards,

Adrian

0 Kudos