cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make bootloader image for KV5x from MBDT Matlab

macphong
Contributor I

Hello everyone,

How can I make bootloader aplication image using NXP MBDT and update this image with "Kinetis Flash Tool" into my TWR-KV58 board?

0 Kudos
4 Replies

nxa11767
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi @macphong ,

You cannot build an flashloader image from Simulink. But you can find the need files/scripts for this in the SDK of the TRW-KV5x board. You can download the full from nxp site: https://mcuxpresso.nxp.com/en/builder?hw=TWR-KV58F220M 

nxa11767_1-1631270848912.png

And in SDK_2_8_0_TWR-KV58F220M\middleware\mcu-boot\bin you can find some scripts to create a new flashloader and also in Tools the Kinetis Flashing tool.

nxa11767_2-1631271134189.png

I hope this helps,

Alexandra

0 Kudos

macphong
Contributor I

Hi,

I've already done my project using bootloader with KeilC, I only modified project from example direction ".\SDK_2.8.0_TWR-KV58F220M\boards\twrkv58f220m\bootloader_examples\demo_apps\led_demo_tower_a000" and using the .hex or .bin file. Now, I want to do it with MBDT from Simulink on my current Project, It's disappointed to heart that cannot build from Simulink

0 Kudos

nxa11767
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi @macphong ,

I had the impression that you want to build the flashloader itself from Simulink, but you want to create an normal application that will be loaded using the flashloader. Is a feature that can be added in the next release of the KVx toolbox. Currently  the application is build to be loaded via PE Micro or Jlink probe. We plan an update for the MBDT for KV series somewhere in Q2 next year, that will add the missing peripherals and also we can include this method of building and loading the application via flashloader. Please let me know if you need an early patch with just this feature.

Best regards,

Alexandra

0 Kudos

macphong
Contributor I

Hi @nxa11767 ,

Thanks for your help and if you dont mind, please let me know if you have new patch or trial version about flashloader and some peripheral as CAN, HSADC, flexPWM.

My email: macluuphong.ct@gmail.com

Thank you & best regard,

Phong

0 Kudos