How to design my own Model-Based Design library for MPC5748G?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to design my own Model-Based Design library for MPC5748G?

zhouhl
Contributor I

Hi. 

I wonder to know whether I could design my own model based design library for MPC5748G.

The model based design library is designed to support MPC5643L and MPC574xP, but I could not find any support for MPC5748G.

I know that I shoud learn to use TLC file in Matlab to design a embeded library for a MCU. 

I wonder to know whether I could use the templets for MPC574xP. If so, what should I do?

Thank you very much.

Best.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

swmurray
Contributor II

Any updates on a fully featured toolbox for the MPC5748G ?

I have an application that needs Ethernet (UDP) support, CAN, SPI, ADC, GPIO and would like to work at the blockset level and don't particularly like the idea of going alone with TLC..! 

MPC5744 DEVKIT unfortunately doesn't have Ethernet.

0 Kudos

mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @swmurray ,

Unfortunately, we do not have any updates planned for the MPC57xx toolbox for now. But, the MPC57xx toolbox does provide support for the MPC5748G MCU, covering CAN, SPI, ADC, GPIO and many others. For the ethernet, you can still add some blocks based on custom code insertion as described in this article here: https://community.nxp.com/t5/NXP-Model-Based-Design-Tools/How-to-use-your-own-C-code-in-our-Toolbox-...

Hope this helps,

Marius

dumitru-daniel_
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi zhou hongliang,

The MPC5748G is designed for gateway applications while the other two processors that you have indicated are more into generic market.

Designing an entire toolbox should not be very complicated. If you know to works with Simulink S-function Builder then it will be easy for your learn the TLC. You may find a manual here: http://radio.feld.cvut.cz/matlab/pdf_doc/rtw/targetlanguagecompiler.pdf 

In respect with the actual implementation you can start from our examples. Take a simple block like digital input/output and see how is done. 

If you wish to build such toolbox and host it on the github you have our support. We might even do code reviews :-)

jfrey‌ has done such toolbox for MPC5744P - please check this thread: https://community.nxp.com/message/950509?commentID=950509#comment-928454 

Hope you find this useful!

Best regards,
Daniel

0 Kudos

zhouhl
Contributor I

Hello Daniel, 

Thank you very much. 

The information is very helpful and gives me cofidence. 

I check the difficulity about learning the TLC language and decide the future work. 

The thread you show me leads me to the GITHUB website and I have found some very interesting and useful information.

Thank you. 

Best. 

Hongliang Zhou

0 Kudos

jfrey
Contributor IV

I check the difficulity about learning the TLC language and decide the future work. 

Mathworks likes to charge lots of money to build your TLC files for you.

It's a poorly documented, but powerful, language. Once you get the skeleton down you shouldn't have to write much. The only problem with the 48G is that NXP doesn't provide a toolbox already so you'd need to write your own for IO.

0 Kudos