Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I use Freemaster(rev2.0) for MBD toolbox

Jump to solution
rogerdai
Contributor II

Hello Sir:

How do I use Freemaster for MBD toolbox?

I use the example file " simple_profile_pnt.mdl " and change the setting for FlexCAN0(500K). 

pastedImage_4.png

And open the Freemaster project " simple_profile_pnt.pmp " , the error screen as follows:

pastedImage_9.png

Freemaster configuration is as follows:

pastedImage_13.png

My adapter is "NI USB-8473" in the list of supported devices, and I used the adapter for MCToolbox(rappid564xl) before.

Can you help me to solve the problem?

Thanks a lot.

Best Regards,

Roger.

Tags (2)
1 Solution
dumitru-daniel_
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Roger, 

Does the normal CAN communication works on your board ?

I mean if you take the CAN example, compile it and then use a standard CAN viewer can you see the messages from the board/processor coming to the CAN viewer ?

This will validate that the CAN port works correctly. Try this at 500kb CAN speed. It that works, then user any other example project that has no CAN initialization inside and with the workaround proposed in that thread at 500kb it should work. That workarround is only for 500kb CAN speed in both Simulink and Freemaster.

FYI, the Freemaster and standard CAN messages can't coexist over the same CAN port.

Hope it helps!
Daniel

View solution in original post

6 Replies
paulvlase
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi rogerdai‌,

I see that in the FreeMASTER project you set the bit rate to 1Mb, but in the Simulink model you set the baud rate to 500K. Try to see the baud rate to 1M in the model too.

rogerdai
Contributor II

Hi Paul:

Thanks your reply.

I try to change bit rate to 500Kb in the FreeMASTER, but the result is same.

And I push "Test Connection" buttom is as follows:

pastedImage_1.png

Thanks a lot.

Best Regards,

Roger

0 Kudos
dumitru-daniel_
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Yi Jhan Tai,

Your issue looks very similar with this one: How do I use Freemaster for MBD toolbox MPC5744P rev2.0.0 

Can you have a look?

Also, we need more specific details about your setup: board/processor/toolbox version.

Thank you!

Daniel

rogerdai
Contributor II

Hi Daniel:

Thanks your reply.

I have looking the issue How do I use Freemaster for MBD toolbox MPC5744P rev2.0.0

But his error code and adapter is different.

I try to replace "mbdtargetmainlibpnt.tlc", but result is same.

processor: SPC5744PFMLQ9

toolbox version: 2.0.0

Looking forward for your reply.

Thanks a lot.

Roger

0 Kudos
dumitru-daniel_
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Roger, 

Does the normal CAN communication works on your board ?

I mean if you take the CAN example, compile it and then use a standard CAN viewer can you see the messages from the board/processor coming to the CAN viewer ?

This will validate that the CAN port works correctly. Try this at 500kb CAN speed. It that works, then user any other example project that has no CAN initialization inside and with the workaround proposed in that thread at 500kb it should work. That workarround is only for 500kb CAN speed in both Simulink and Freemaster.

FYI, the Freemaster and standard CAN messages can't coexist over the same CAN port.

Hope it helps!
Daniel

rogerdai
Contributor II

Hi Daniel:

Thanks your help.

I solve my problem when I change another board.

Thanks a lot.

Roger

0 Kudos