cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSD behavior of RDVCU5775BEVM BMS plus VCU Reference Design while reprogramming

user_N
Contributor II

Hello,

I'm using the board of RDVCU5775BEVM BMS plus VCU Reference Design.

I'm using the Boot Loader on below link, and made HSD control logics with MBDT.

https://community.nxp.com/t5/Model-Based-Design-Toolbox-MBDT/Unable-to-Flash-MBDT-BootLoader-to-RDVC...

I found the unexpected behavior of the HSD while reprogramming.

While reprogramming and before running main program, the HSD driver is enabled and output voltage (12.75V).

Could you tell me how to disable the HSD while reprogramming and before running main program?

"reprogramming" means the flashing program process by RAppID.

"before running main program" means the time after push reset SW to running program made by MBDT.

Regards,

0 Kudos
4 Replies

user_N
Contributor II

Hello, Sir ( @mariuslucianand )

Thank you for sending new Bootloarder and sorry for late response.

I tried new Bootloarder today, But unfortunately the issue was not solved.

I think I misunderstood the behavior of HSD driver (MC15XS3400) .

All the HSD driver were enabled when we make the software which undefine the GPIO457 (HSD_RSTB) by MBDT.

(I made this software and tried today.)

I think undefine GPIO457 means GPIO 457 is high Z state, so HSD_RSTB is 1 because this pin is pull-up by VCCA_3V3.

fig1.PNG         fig2.PNG

From the schematic, the voltage of wake pin is always supplied by VBAT.  This issue would be occurred when wake-up = 1, and RST = 1.

I can't find the description about this condition from the spec sheet of  HSD driver (MC15XS3400) .

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/data-sheet/MC15XS3400.pdf

fig3.PNG

It looks we have to change the wiring of this board (RDVCU5775EVM) for fix this issue.

How do you think about this?

Regards,

0 Kudos

mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @user_N 

Thank you for reporting this behavior. Most likely the GPIO pins connected to the HSD remain in a high Z logic state during the bootloader and the HSD remains configured. A quick fix for that would be to ask my colleagues from the RAppID bootloader to put the HSD in a reset state while the MCU runs the bootloader. Do you think this might solve the issue?

Regards,

Marius

0 Kudos

user_N
Contributor II

Hello, Sir (@mariuslucianand)

Thank you for replying.

I guess you mean set MCU GPIO 457 to high Z logic state at running the bootloader on MCU. I think it will work.

Could you ask your colleagues to change the state of GPIO457 at running the bootloader?

Regards,

0 Kudos

mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @user_N ,

Attached is the new bootloader source for the MPC5775B, provided by my colleague from RAppID Bootloader. This version keeps the HSD in reset during bootloader run.

Please give this a try and reply with feedback.

Hope this helps,

Marius

0 Kudos