cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DEVKIT MPC5744P - Error in ONCE status register during instruction execution

ext-rafael_barb
Contributor III

Hello,

I am facing the following error with the boot loader on S32 Design Studio for Power Architecture for flashing the image MPC574xP_S32DS_UART1_CAN0_OpenSDA.rbf on the MPC5744P board (To be able to download the applications from MATLAB/Simulink).
pastedImage_1.png

I already could flash the boot load for one board, however I found the error when trying to flash the boot loader in the second board, using the same configuration and the same computer.

What could be happening? 

Tags (1)
5 Replies

KaiRiek
Contributor I

Any news here? Got the same problems with 4 out of 10 boards.

I am only using the onboard debugger, so i can't change the default frequency to anything else than 5000. Due to some community information i tried to debug the problem a bit further. What i found so far:

1. Stepping with the dubugger until the controllers clock setup is done. Then the controller seems to work fine.
  2. If i just let the controller run, the reset pin to toggles with a period of about 12ms.

0 Kudos

bingwang312
Contributor III

I got similar errors when try to debug an example project from S32mDS PA V2.1+ SDK3.0.3, i have updated everything.  I found that shift frequency is gray color and always 5000khz , it is not changeable in debug configuration menu,  how to change this setting to make frequency slower?

thanks

0 Kudos

dumitru-daniel_
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Rafael,

In general, the message "Error in ONCE status register during instruction execution" means that the connection between the P&E interface and the MPC5744 chip has been lost during the download process due to multiple possible causes like:

• debug shift frequency being too high
  • a RESET has occurred
  • bad signal due to bad hardware

Are you able to create and debug a simple stationery MPC5744P project on this board using the S32 Design Studio? Can you confirm that normal debugging works ?

If S32DS is not working, then please give a try with PKG MPC55xx/56xx/57xx & STMicro SPC5 Development Package | PKG MPC55xx/56xx/57xx & STMicroelectronic... 

If none of the above works then you might have a broken evaluation board that need to be replaced.

Hope this helps!

Daniel

ext-rafael_barb
Contributor III

Hello Daniel,

I just followed the steps, but it doesn't work.
Probably it should be a bad hardware, because I could work with two other boards, but just one had issues.

Thank you for the support.

Rafael

0 Kudos

bingwang312
Contributor III

I got same errors when i am trying to debug some examples from S32DS PA +SDK3.0.3, and everything up to date, all examples failed on debugging. I tried to flash an old successful project's .elf file , the devkit board works very well. the debug configuration , debug shift frequency is gray color, how to change the default 5000k down to a lower speed?

0 Kudos