Can i transplant the AMMCLIB_v1.1.9 math files to the other CPU such as MC9S12XS128 ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can i transplant the AMMCLIB_v1.1.9 math files to the other CPU such as MC9S12XS128 ?

edenli
Contributor V

Hi Daniel, 

i feel the AMMCLIB files is very good ,can i transplant the  AMMCLIB files to other CPU,such as MC9S12XS128,or the other CPU not the NXP ?

4 Replies

dumitru-daniel_
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi edenli‌,

The AMMCLIB comes with different processors support. The MagniV S12 would be closed but not the same with your processor S12SXS.

The MagniV S12 family reuses many features from the S12/S12X product portfolio with particular differentiating features on enhanced S12Z core and the combination peripherals like dual-ADC synchronized with PWM generation and the integration of “high-voltage” analog modules.

So, it might be logic to start from AMMCLIB for MagniV S12ZVM and see it works on S12X, but keep in mind that the NXP library is optimized to squeeze most of the performance out of the core by employing special optimization in assembly ISA. Since the library is created and supported for a newer version of the S12Z core some functionalities might not work on S12X.

Also, most likely the AMMCLIB version you have is the evaluation copy. If you really want's to migrate it to other processors (including non NXP's ones) then you most likely need the source code option of the library. That will give you access to the source code of the math and motor control functions and you could potentially port that to any other processor. 

Hope this helps!

Daniel

edenli
Contributor V

Hi,Daniel,

if i wanna transplant the AMMCLIB to other CPU,where can i get the source code?or the ports to *.lib ?

0 Kudos

dumitru-daniel_
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi edenli‌,

According with the AMMCLIB website you should contact your local sales representative.

pastedImage_1.png

If you do not have a sale representative, then as far as i know you could get in contact with Andreas Straub  astraub‌ and he might be able to help you with the process.

One think you should consider - or to bring in discussion with the sales rep - is the licensing aspects. You need to make sure the license terms allows you to migrate to other CPUs than NXP's ones. I'm not a lawyer, therefore i can't help in this matter.

Hope this helps!

Daniel

0 Kudos

edenli
Contributor V

Hidumitru-daniel.popa‌,

if the  AMMCLIB files can be transpanted, can you send me some files to indicate the transplanting progress ?

0 Kudos