cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

usb library for mqx 4.2

Abil
Contributor II

hi all,

am working on FRDM k64f board  with MQX 4.2 rtos and code warrior 10.6.....I want to know how to build USB host libray..its given in batch file..whereas all other libries can be build by .wsd..can anyone suggest how to do it??

5 Replies

soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

FRDM-K64 board supports the new USB Unified stack (USB_V2) and unfortunately Codewarrior doesn't support USB_V2. However you can use the KDS Kinetis Design Studio Integrated Development |NXP

Attached to this thread you will find a document, this shows how to build USB stack and USB examples.
Have a great day,
Sol

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

evgenyerlihman
Contributor IV

Hi soledad​,

Could you please explain what did you mean by "unfortunately Codewarrior doesn't support USB_V2"?

The reason i am asking is that i have a ColdFire v3 based product running MQX3.7, i use CodeWarrior 10.6 for development. I am currently considering upgrading to MQX4.2 and possibly to USB_V2. Should it be possible?

Thanks,

Evgeny

0 Kudos

soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Evgeny,

MQX includes two USB stacks:

• MQX Host and Device USB stack version 4.2.0: Legacy USB stack with minor changes and bugfixes. Includes support for legacy platforms only (same processors previously supported in MQX RTOS 4.1.1.)
  • New Host and Device USB stack version 2 (same as in KSDK 1.2.0): New USB stack is available for following platforms : FRDM-K64F, FRDM-K22F, TWR-K21F120M, TWRK22F120M,TWR-K64F120M, TWR-K65F180M, TWR-VF65GS10, SVF52

USB_v2 projects don't have any build files for cw10gcc as exist in all other projects (bsp, psp, mfs, rtcs, etc....).

Regarding the ColdFire v3, the following board support packages were removed from the new MQX releasee and will be supported only as a part of MQX 3.8.1

TWR-MCF51AG, TWR-MCF51CN, TWR-MCF51JE, TWR-MCF51MM, TWR-MCF51QM, DEMOEM, DEMOAC, EVB51JM128, M5208EVB, M52223EVB, M52233DEMO, M52235EVB, M52277EVB, M53015EVB, M5329EVB, M54455EVB and MPC8308RDB

Have a great day,
Sol

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

evgenyerlihman
Contributor IV

Hi Sol,

What is the principal difference between the legacy USB stack and USB stack version 2?

1. Is version 2 backward compatible?

2. Would future development of fixes/enchantments ill be done on both stacks?

3. If somebody starts a new project with MQX4.2, which stack is preferable?

Thanks,

Evgeny

0 Kudos

soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

New USB Unified stack is designed to replace the legacy USB stack in MQX RTOS, it has an OSA layer so that it can support different operating systems, like MQX RTOS, bare metal or other RTOS (like, FreeRTOS or μCos in KPSDK). Some new features are included and the architecture is improved to fix some issues which are hard to fix in the old stack.

New added features:

Device:

• Support multiple languages
  • Support multiple configuration descriptors
  • Composite Device support

Host:

• Support multiple configuration descriptors
  • Composite Device support
  • Unsupported device notification

OTG:

• Session Request Protocol (SRP)
  • Host Negotiation Protocol (HNP)

The new fixes will be made for the new stack.

For more information, I attached 2 documents in this thread:

Freescale USB Unified Stack Porting New Platform User’s Guide: This document provides the detailed steps to port the USB unified Stack to a new platform.

New USB Unified stack in MQX™ RTOS User’s Guide:This document provides the detailed difference between old USB stack in MQX™ RTOS and new USB Unified stack, so that the audience is able to understand the unified USB stack better.

Please let me know if this helps

Regards

Sol