unable to debug in my MCU (kenetis k53 )

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to debug in my MCU (kenetis k53 )

Garil
Contributor III

Hi dear all

im using the kenetis mcu since few month, testing, implementing on the K53 demo board tower.

On my board, i m using exactly the same mcu like the one on the demo board, it is some how a part of copy paste of the k53 tower board ( the same ext xtal, the same rtc xtal at the same port etc...)

i did this because i wanted so much i possible to avoid problems ( not much change in the bsp etc..) so i m using the bsp of the k53twr by deactivating in the config file some unsued components in order to make tests on my personal board.

the building of the project is working well, download in the mcu ok, but when it able to debug code warrior display a this message "no source available for "0xFFFFFFFE(0xFFFFFFFE)()", so it is completly at a deffrent range of memory. i did not change the linker file, the setting used on my personal board works on the demo board(k53twr) that has the same mcu, the defference between them is the temperature range.

mcu part (MK53DN512ZCLQ10)
144 pins
100 MHZ
512 KB
etc...

i set a breakpoint in the int_hw.c to see what is happening, it stop at the target breakoint afer stepping this block:

if (((SIM_SDID & SIM_SDID_REVID_MASK) >> SIM_SDID_REVID_SHIFT) == 0)
{
FMC_PFB0CR &= ~(FMC_PFB0CR_B0DCE_MASK | FMC_PFB0CR_B0ICE_MASK | FMC_PFB0CR_B0SEBE_MASK);
FMC_PFB1CR &= ~(FMC_PFB1CR_B1DCE_MASK | FMC_PFB1CR_B1ICE_MASK | FMC_PFB1CR_B1SEBE_MASK);
}

it display again the above message
"no source available for "0xFFFFFFFE(0xFFFFFFFE)()"

there are some needed configuration to do? what i m doing wrong
can you please advice me??

Configuration:

win 7

cw 10.2

mqx 3.8

Use for the debugging "MULTILINK FX" 3,3v configuration

thx in advance

br

0 Kudos
6 Replies

Garil
Contributor III

hi javier1,

i modified my linker file ( memory map )to make some tests on my demo board you now, in order to simulate some errors etc...

the problem is that i used it on my custom board  and bam bam problem!!!! so without checked it i used PE to generate new code for my board( clock config etc.... ) bam bam problem!!! then i did the following to get it works:

i reinstall mqx on another pc and make the needed backup (mqx/<my board>_build, examples, sources, config )

i completly replace in my project the mqx/<my board>_build + config file,i choose an example and i configured the example to "debug in the flash " be sure to download the code in the flash ( i was building the "as debug in the flash" but was downloading it as" debug in the ram" ) hope it help.

if you still have problem, post here your configuration and what you did until know

br

garil

0 Kudos

javier1
Contributor III

First of all, thank you very much!!

I don´t have the same scenario, because i can not writte the flash.

I use CW10.1, P&E universal multilink and MQX 3.7.

- The building of the project is working well,

- Download in the mcu NOK, but when it able to debug code warrior display a this message "no source available for "0xFFFFFFFE(0xFFFFFFFE)()",

I try writte the flash through debug. I get the errors attached

0 Kudos

c0170
Senior Contributor III

Hi javier1,

which MCU are you using? K60D,F,N? When does the flashing error occur and when do you get 0x0xFFFFFFFE?

I suspect this is a problem with CW10 not with MQX. You might try to post the problem you are facing in CW section here on the freescale forum.

Regards,

MartinK

0 Kudos

c0170
Senior Contributor III

One more addition to this:

I exprienced the application jumps to the location 0xFFFFFFFE when there's is not choosen proper flash algorithm. You can import the right one: Import Flash Task (lightining icon on the toolbar). This flash task must be added to the debug configuration as well. Go to the debug configuration, select the flash target and there's debugger tab on the right part of the window. Select it and go to the download tab. Check Execute Task and add your imported task. 

IF you don't understand my guide, here's the guide you can follow for your board:

http://blogs.freescale.com/2011/11/28/codewarrior-tool-tip-2-programming-flash-memory-is-easy/

Regards,

MartinK

0 Kudos

javier1
Contributor III

I have a custom K60 board, and i have the same problem, when i debug, codewarrior "No source available for "0xFFFFFFFE (0xFFFFFFFE)()"

I need help please.

0 Kudos

c0170
Senior Contributor III

Hello javier1 and Garil,

I would suggest both of you to test your boards using bareboard application code. If the initialization runs and jumps to the main function (for Garil's problem with init_hw function). The examples are in IDE folders or on the freescale website (http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/download/license.jsp?colCode=KINETIS512_SC).

I would personally check the project settings, proper linker file and take a look at the generated map file. Let me know if you have made any progress.

Javier1: Where does the applications jumps to 0xF....E location? Same scenario as Garil?

Regards,

MartinK

0 Kudos