staying infinitely in the line ASM_LABEL(no_one_to_run) in Dispatch.S

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

staying infinitely in the line ASM_LABEL(no_one_to_run) in Dispatch.S

renganathan_bs
Contributor II

I just started with MQX rtos and trying out various examples to understand it functionality . I tried running various example codes in the MQX folder for the K53 TWR module board  and once I start the program it dwells around in the following lines without executing any tasks

ASM_LABEL(no_one_to_run)

/* woohoo, idle task must be enabled, this point cannot be reachable, you have serious problem */

b .

I also have included BSP files meant for the TWRK53 board and I also followed the things to do as posted in this threadQX on custom board stuck in dispatch.s

but still I am not able to get it up and displaying hello world has it should do.

I tried the same with K70 development board and it worked.

Could someone let me know if I am doing something wrong.

0 Kudos
1 Reply

RadekS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please check MCU part number at your board.

If your MCU is MK53N512CMD100 or MK53DN512ZCMD10 (maskset xN40D), you have board with old silicon Rev 1.x. and TWR-K53N512 BSP should work for you.

However if your MCU is new MK53DN512CMD10 (no ‘Z’ character, maskset xN22D), you have new silicon Rev 2.x.. Unfortunately this MCU isn’t compatible with our default K53 BSP (see this app note for differences).

For this board please use port from TWR-K60D100 board according porting guide.

c:\Freescale\Freescale_MQX_4_1\doc\mqx\MQX_BSP_Porting_Guide.pdf

I am sorry for that complications.

Have a great day,
RadekS

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos