start demo MQX project with ATOLLIC TRUESTUDIO

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

start demo MQX project with ATOLLIC TRUESTUDIO

virendrapatel
Contributor III

Hi I am using MQX 4.1 with ATOLLIC TRUESTUDIO .

After installing ATOLLIC TRUESTUDIO and MQX 4.1. 

a) No demo projects as were available for ATOLLIC TRUESTUDIO. 

b) No option to create an MQX project in  ATOLLIC TRUESTUDIO.

Am I missing something? How can I integrate MQX into ATOLLIC TRUESTUDIO?

6 Replies

RadekS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Atollic TrueSTUDIO is not directly supported development tool for MQX 4.1.1 - released 08/2014.

We support Atollic TrueSTUDIO in case of MQX for KSDK 1.1.0 - released 12/2014.

Freescale MQX™ RTOS for Kinetis SDK|Freescale

Also current development branch of MQX 4.2.0 don’t contain files for TrueSTUDIO.

MQX for KSDK 1.2.0 will directly support Atollic TrueSTUDIO.

Expected release date for MQX 4.2.0 and MQX for KSDK 1.2.0 is end of April 2015.

Please let us know your hardware platform (type of MCU or evaluation board). “Classic” MQX will support old platforms, new MCUs will be added only to MQX for KSDK.

Have a great day,
RadekS

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

preetmehta
Contributor III

Hello Radek,

I am following the instructions given at http://cache.freescale.com/files/soft_dev_tools/doc/support_info/KSDKGSATLUG.pdf?fsrch=1

but I am not getting the same result as mentioned on the page.

being specific I am not able to import the demo project into atollic from atollic like one has mentioned in the link at page 5, and this import method is only allowing to import .wsd

Is there any other way to build the demo applications of MQX using truestudio?

Thanks,

MP

0 Kudos

preetmehta
Contributor III

I apologize for my misconceptual communication in above post.

Actually I want my custom application running with MQX_4_1 with bsp and psp added, to be further supported by rtcs library in atollic truestudio.

as i have read in your earlier post atollic is not supported with MQX but KSDK for MQX makes it work.

does generating the library file from the MQX for KSDK work with already existing application which has been brought up from MQX?

for MQX 4.1, what are the other ways to build the library for the custom application and atollic truestudio?

Thanks,

MP

0 Kudos

RadekS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Preet,

Unfortunately porting Classic MQX project to MQX for KSDK isn’t trivial.

For more details, please look at:

http://www.nxp.com/files/soft_dev_tools/doc/support_info/MQXKSDKPUG.pdf

wsd files contains just paths to project which should be loaded into one workspace. So, it is something which helps, but it is not necessary. The most important are projects in build folders.

The problem may be also in missing TAD (Task Aware Debug tool).

Unfortunately my experiences with Attolic True Studio are limited.

Have a great day,
RadekS

0 Kudos

virendrapatel
Contributor III

Thanks RadekS,

We are using kinetis K61fx512 custom hardware.

We need to build the MQX lib using gcc_arm tool. We are able to clone the MQX using cloning wizard.

Can you please tell us what are the option to build the MQX lib using gcc_arm tool?

and,  how to build MQX library using makefile support?

Thanks,

Virendra

0 Kudos

jaymind
Contributor IV

Hi Virendra,

below link might be helpful to u. :smileyhappy:

http://cache.freescale.com/files/soft_dev_tools/doc/support_info/KSDKGSATLUG.pdf?fsrch=1

regards

Jaymin D

0 Kudos