problems with MQX RTOS runing on my custom board.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problems with MQX RTOS runing on my custom board.

botaoyang
Contributor II

I am using my own board based on MK60DN512VLL10,(use 50 MHZ external osc) the board can run projects without MQX.

I have cloned Board Support Packages based on TWRK60D100M, and use PE to change the MCU and clock settings, change the pins for the peripherals and GPIO, but the MQX still can't run on my board,

I want to know what else do I need to do to built my own MQX which can run on my board.

the picture below show the return message after i run the MQX  project , i think this will help you to find the problem.

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos
7 Replies

soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello botao yang,

Are you using breakpoints?? Which MQX version are you using???

The Debugger will consider BreakPoint as a trap or exception when debugging. Since user's task has higher priority than the system (MQX) idle task. When there is a breakpoint in user's task, the CPU (CPU core of target MCU) will stop the current task at the breakpoint place and then let the debugger to handle this breakpoint issue. As you know, MQX is a multi-task system, during the time period the debugger preparing the breakpoint issue, the CPU loaded the idle task to execute and then got the "stop" instruction from Debugger and then stop there.That is why Debugger stops at the entry point of idle task.If resume the application, the Debugger will then stops at the breakpoint which was set before.

Have a great day,
Sol

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

botaoyang
Contributor II

The problem maybe this, I have tried to run the custom MQX on the TWRK60D100, the example project runs well.

however, as I have use the PE to chage the MCU and GPIO, but the change did not work in the example project, it is still the PTA11 work as the LED1(i have change PTA11 to PTB20 in PE). so the problem is  how to make the PE changes work in the MQX?

0 Kudos

DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Botao,

Other things to try:

- step through the code from beginning to see if peripherals or pins are being initialized that you do not want initiailized

ex: FlexBus....default MQX BSP code has setup FlexBus to access MRAM.  On your customer board this may be bad.

- check that PE is disabling NMI, watchdog, and not writing the Flash Configuration field.

Regards,

David

0 Kudos

botaoyang
Contributor II

I have disabled NMI, watchdog, and not writing the Flash Configuration field, I think the problem is the settings by PE didn't work out in the project..

after i confige the PE , what else do I need to do to make it work in the project?

0 Kudos

DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Botao,

Are you able to debug the startup code?

Or setup the Debug Configuration... not to run out of reset so you can try to debug from beginning of code?

Or to grab control of the MCU, and then us Memory window to look at 0x0 (vector table), 0x400 (flash configuration field), and 0x410(start of code)?

Regards,

David

0 Kudos

botaoyang
Contributor II

I am using the mqx 4.1.

0 Kudos

botaoyang
Contributor II

The MQX project is a basic example project which I haven't make any change, also in the Breakpoint there is no breakpoint as you said, If you are right, how to remove the breakpoint?

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos