lwIP project that was working in KDS 2.0 with MQX and PEx no longer works in KDS 3.0

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lwIP project that was working in KDS 2.0 with MQX and PEx no longer works in KDS 3.0

Jump to solution
dave408
Senior Contributor II

I had a very difficult time getting my lwIP application to work.  It took a little bit of luck in addition to great help from Marek Neuzil in my thread  Assistance needed with lwIP + PEx + KSDK to get it actually working.

The problem is, with the release of KDS 3.0 and KSDK 1.2, I had to create my project from scratch, and after following what I believe to be the same steps, my application does not work again.

The basic steps include:

1. adding MQX and setting it to MQX Standard
  2. disabling DbgCs1 and adding a new fsl_uart shared component to MQX
  3. assigning fsl_uart to a random UART I don't need (as I am using semihosting)
  4. assigning pins to the ENET component in pin_init
  5. setting the RMII_MDIO pin to open drain, pulled up, and enabled
  6. adding the necessary header file include directories
  7. adding a link to fsl_phy_driver.c to my Source folder

(hopefully I didn't miss anything above)

Even after going through all of those steps again, my lwIP application runs and waits for an incoming connection, verified by single stepping through each line and checking for unhandled returned errors.  It all checks out fine, but I still cannot ping or connect.  However, the lwip demo application that comes with KSDK 1.2 works just fine.

Can anyone offer any assistance or advise?  I've also attached my sample project here.  Thank you!

Original Attachment has been moved to: KDS3_lwip_mqx_pex_test.zip

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
dave408
Senior Contributor II

I'm closing this question for now.  I'm not 100% sure of what the issue was, but the hardfault I was originally encountering was solved by increasing the TCP task's stack size.  I would love to learn how to debug this properly, rather than guessing at solutions and being happy when everything starts working.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
dave408
Senior Contributor II

I'm closing this question for now.  I'm not 100% sure of what the issue was, but the hardfault I was originally encountering was solved by increasing the TCP task's stack size.  I would love to learn how to debug this properly, rather than guessing at solutions and being happy when everything starts working.

0 Kudos
dave408
Senior Contributor II

MarekNeuzil​ by any chance would you be able to look at my project and see if there's anything missing this time around?  This is a port of my lwIP / KDS2 / KSDK 1.1 project that was working.  Thank you!

0 Kudos