cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

low power modes K60N512

pasini
Contributor I

I am still using TWR-K60N512 with MQX.

Datasheets says there are 10 power modes: run, wait, VLPR, VLPW, VLPS, LLS, VLLS3, VLLS2, and VLLS1

Some other datasheet also says there is a VLLS0

However, MQX just offers RUN, WAIT, STOP, VLPR, VLPW, VLPS, and LLS.

Are there VLLS3-2 modes ? Is there a VLLS0 mode ? How exactly can I configure and use them with MQX ?

That is really confusing...

My idea is that MCU is always in the lowest power consumption. When a timer (Low Power or RTC) interrupt or a button (LLWU) is pressed, interrupt routines are exectuted and MCU wakes up ( maybe at 2MHz or even lower). After executing some functions it goes back to the lowest power consumption.

I just need a timer and a pin interrupt.

Thanks in advance

Pasini

0 Kudos
2 Replies

danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi

Kinetis supports several power modes (see Chapter Power Management in Kinetis reference manual).  MQX supports four basic modes (RUN, WAIT, SLEEP, and STOP).

MQX RUN operation mode is mapped on Kinetis RUN power mode by default. MQX WAIT operation mode is mapped on Kinetis VLPR power mode by default. MQX SLEEP operation mode is mapped on Kinetis WAIT power mode by default. MQX STOP operation mode is mapped to Kinetis LLS power mode by default.

For mapping, please see mqx\source\bsp\”your board”\init_lpm.c file.

low-power.jpg

Have a nice day!

Daniel

0 Kudos

yasuhikokoumoto
Senior Contributor I

Hello Luiz,

in VLLSx modes, the wakeup from the low power mode begins with the reset sequence.

This means it would impossible to recover an execution from the point where the MCU had entered into the low power mode.

Using an OS such as MQX, the scenario might be inconvenient and those low power modes would not be supported.

If you want to use VLLSx modes, you should embed the wakeup gimmick into the OS or monitor program.

Best regards,

Yasuhiko Koumoto.

0 Kudos