how do I port my custom BSP from MQX 3.6 and CW 10 to MQX 3.8 and CW 10.2

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do I port my custom BSP from MQX 3.6 and CW 10 to MQX 3.8 and CW 10.2

Tonkabot
Contributor III

I created my own BSP for  my custom board (a MCF52259) by copying the m52259demo to a new directory and hacking away at it, and the xml files and everything.   Now I am moving the code base to mqx 3.8 and cw10.2, and I was hoping I would not have to start over and create a new bsp based on the 3.8 code using the same painstaking hacking I had to resort to.  And that was over a year ago so I don't remember everything I did.

I don't have a great deal of changes to the original demo bsp, (some IO's and UARTS moved and such).    

I was hoping that someone could provide helpful suggestions that could be used to create the new bsp.

I have 10.2 set up and the mqx 3.8 plugins installed, and dragged the working set for m52259demo in and that all compiled ok.

Brynn

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Teckna
Contributor V

I started using MQX 3.7 and created my own bsp based on twrk60n512 (I use Kinetis). When I moved to MQX 3.8 I had to create thw new bsp. As starting point I compared the modifications I made in my own 3.7 bsp respect to twrk60n512 3.7 bsp and I ported the same modifications in the 3.8 bsp.

The only problem I found was with clock configuration, because it is modified from MQX 3.7 to 3.8.

I hope this helps

Teckna

0 Kudos