eGUI and SSD2119 displays

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eGUI and SSD2119 displays

Glogov_Kolac
Contributor II

I am afraid to buy sd2119 displays for may projects because eGui library provide low level driver for sd1289. I take a lok on datasheets for both standards and it seems that they are same. 

Does eGUI can  support ssd1289 TFT displays ? 

0 Kudos
6 Replies

Gargy
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

don't afraid about the buy of any type of color LCD type to run with eGUI.

eGUI has a flexible system of low level drivers and allow to run of all (I hope) types of LCD.

So in your case if the SSD2119 is similar to supported SSD1289 is situation much simpler. Just take the SSD1289 driver copy it and rename the files itself and also all needed variables and at last do some necessary changes in code if needed.

The step by step manual you can find in DRM116 (as I remember one of the last chapters).

Have a nice day

Gargy

Glogov_Kolac
Contributor II

Can someone tell me the difference between ssd1289 and ssd2119? What modifications I shoud made in eGui low level library if it doesn't provide support for ssd2119 displays ? !

0 Kudos

rabbit
Contributor III

Hello,

I am going to use this ssd2119 for my project, are you still working for this ssd2119? maybe we can share some knowledge.

0 Kudos

Glogov_Kolac
Contributor II

I finished development for the SSD2119, there is small differences with the initialization routines and display orientation. Rest things are  prety similar

0 Kudos

rabbit
Contributor III

Hello Atanasovski,

My SSD2119 project is almost done, the graphic object works, but sometimes the big font have garbage dots, I am suspect the SSD2119 driver initialization is not perfect done, I get the sample initialization code from Ti.

Do you mind inform me where you get the initialization code or wrote by your self? can I share your code?

Regards

Samuel

0 Kudos

rabbit
Contributor III

Hello Atanasovski,

It is nice to hear you finished SSD2119 project. I just finished my PCB design last week, I am waiting for the PCB.

I have two problems at this stage:

1. SSD2119 use Pin50(RD) for read, and use Pin51(WR) for write. But K60 use pin PTC11 (FB_RW) for both read and write. I don't know how to connect the SSD2119 pin 50 (RD) to K60. How did you do the wiring?
  2. It will take long time to read the SSD2119 specification and write the driver, I search for the driver from website, I find the TI GUI has an example for SSD2119. How did  you write the driver?

My email address is: samuel@apcs.net.au, it will be highly appreciate if you can send me some information via email to help to startup my SSD2119 project.

Regards

Samuel

0 Kudos